Redskins 2012...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...4-12.

Maybe.

We start off the first half with 5 teams clearly better than us, Saints, Bengals, Falcons, Giants and Steelers, and 3 peers, the Vikes, Bucs and Rams. Maybe we steal one from the 5 and, at best, beat two peers. That could be it. For the season. Already, the Giants can't afford to be dicking around with us. The other 'peer' games are away except the Vikes here. We could be 2-6, easy.

Week 9 starts off with another peer, the Panthers but, it is home. Then, it's child abuse the rest of the way with the Eagles, Boys, Giants, Ravens, a break against the Browns but, it's away, and finish with Philly, away, and Dallas, home.

If we, finally, have enough LB's to run a 3-4, and we're not too vulnerable at safety AND Jenkins plays to a near pro bowl level, OK, the D might be good enough to give us a chance every week.

Add to that, maybe these youngsters on the O line play a bit above average and III doesn't end up in traction by mid season? Maybe the zone blocking and youth gives us a respectable running game?

Maybe Gano makes a bunch of clutch FG's and the special teams play solid?

No one is going to let Garcon beat them late and Griffin has GOT to play smart and not go Vick on us, ending up hurt week in and week out.

In any event, I think we might be competitive but, come on. It's the NFL. EVERYONE got better off season and most teams, especially our division, started the off-season better, much better, than us.

4-12 could be a good start to RGIII and a coming decade of being a regular in the playoff picture. If an awful lot goes really well, including, of course, injuries, 8-8 will be a special season.

:buddies:

HTTR

Larry Gude

Strung Out

If we, finally, have enough LB's to run a 3-4, and we're not too vulnerable at safety AND Jenkins plays to a near pro bowl level, OK, the D might be good enough to give us a chance every week. Maybe the whole defense is a lot better than I gave them credit for!

Add to that, maybe these youngsters on the O line play a bit above average and III doesn't end up in traction by mid season? Maybe the zone blocking and youth gives us a respectable running game?

Maybe Gano makes a bunch of clutch FG's and the special teams play solid? Maybe I find out who the kicker actually is? :stupid:

No one is going to let Garcon beat them late and Griffin has GOT to play smart and not go Vick on us, ending up hurt week in and week out.

4-12 could be a good start to RGIII and a coming decade of being a regular in the playoff picture. If an awful lot goes really well, including, of course, injuries, 8-8 will be a special season.

:buddies:

HTTR

Wow. I am so far off base here, it's not even funny! Obviously, it's not time to start making plans for the Super bowl but, Griffin played really smart, great poise and, most important, he just makes plays. I could say Kyle Shanahan called a great game but, it's not like he's new to this. No one can call a great game if the plays aren't getting made.

It just all seemed to come together; a completion, a good running play, the d made play after play.

Again, don't wanna get too excited because a totally outplayed Saints were only one play away from forcing over time but, wow, the Skins were a pleasant surprise yesterday!

b23hqb

PREMO Member
The BUC-CAN-EERS GO BUCS! will be 2 - 2 after they kill the stinking 'Skins here in Tampa on Sep 30.

R Griffin will be toast by then.

I assume the the skins will be 2 - 2 as well after that, but you never know.

RPMDAD

Have said this so many years i can't remember. Will be happy to see them go 8X8, if they win anything over 50% that will be a bonus. Can't remember the last time they went 50%.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Have said this so many years i can't remember. Will be happy to see them go 8X8, if they win anything over 50% that will be a bonus. Can't remember the last time they went 50%.

You talking the Washingtons or the BUC-CAN-EERS GO BUCS!?

Oh, the Bucs finished 10 - 6 in 2010 by surprising everybody, under Raheem Morris, now your distinguished DB coach. Seems like a decade since last years 4 - 12, 10 consecutive loss finish under the helm of that loser.

Good luck, Skins. May you defense a pass or two.

Not.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
You talking the Washingtons or the BUC-CAN-EERS GO BUCS!?

Oh, the Bucs finished 10 - 6 in 2010 by surprising everybody, under Raheem Morris, now your distinguished DB coach. Seems like a decade since last years 4 - 12, 10 consecutive loss finish under the helm of that loser.

Good luck, Skins. May you defense a pass or two.

Not.

Hope the Bucs win more games so they'll stop blacking them out. Ticket prices have really gone down, but it's not helping, no one wants to go, it's hot, it could storm at any given time, but maybe if they win more, people will want to brave the heat or storms to go see them.