Redskins and Politics?

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
This is strange phenomenon that I read about:
Since 1932 (18 elections) the winner of the election has been predicted (with 100% accuracy) by the outcome of the Redskins game prior to the election. If the Skins win, the current president remains in office, and if they lose or tie (possible is 1932)- the newcomer wins.
The Skins play the Packers on Halloween- we'll see if the "predictor" stays at 100%!
Not to add any extra pressure- but the free world depends on that game!

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Yeah sure... :whistle:
If the Skins win against Green Bay- I predict that the Browns will win the Superbowl this year!! :yay:

QUOTE=crabcake]I'm sure the Redskins will win; they have Joe Gibbs as their coach. :cheesy:[/QUOTE]

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Redskins and politics, nothing is new.
A yardstick for lunatics, one point of view.

Who cares what games we choose?
Little to win, but nothing to lose...

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
I'm not "against" the Redskins- I just think fans are expecting too much, too soon from Joe Gibbs- and I don't want to see grown men crying, whining and #####ing if he doesn't live up to their expectations.

By the way, I hope you didn't think I was basing my vote on the outcome of the game-because I did NOT say that.
(So it's not really a "yardstick" for lunatics, although I HAVE been accused of being a "crazy b!tch")

Tonio said:
Redskins and politics, nothing is new.
A yardstick for lunatics, one point of view.

Who cares what games we choose?
Little to win, but nothing to lose...

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
pvineswinger said:
(So it's not really a "yardstick" for lunatics, although I HAVE been accused of being a "crazy b!tch")
Good karma to the first person who names the source of what I posted.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
pvineswinger said:
Not that I really "need" good karma, but...
"Incense and Peppermints" by The Strawberry Alarm Clock
I was shocked to find out that Ed King from Lynyrd Skynard was in Strawberry Alarm Clock, and King left to join Skynard after the two bands toured together. That's almost like Phish opening for Slayer.

pvineswinger

Swinging on Vines
Or Nelly working with Tim McGraw-
oh yeah, :shocked: that really happened!

Tonio said:
I was shocked to find out that Ed King from Lynyrd Skynard was in Strawberry Alarm Clock, and King left to join Skynard after the two bands toured together. That's almost like Phish opening for Slayer.