Redskins cut...

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Couldn't stay healthy and a $4 million cheerleader isn't needed. Too bad about the injuries and I'm sure that he'll be a pro bowler next year.:irony:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Couldn't stay healthy and a $4 million cheerleader isn't needed. Too bad about the injuries and I'm sure that he'll be a pro bowler next year.:irony:
True on all accounts.

This was only a matter of time for MW.

What really is interesting is what's next. Do they draft a prospect? Do they delve into the free agency market and get a mid-tier guy?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They'd be foolish not to draft but then again it is Vinny and Dan. If there is a 12 year veteran out there some where I'm sure he'll get an invite.

BuddyLee

Football addict
They voided Philip Daniels contract too.

DE Phillip Daniels, meantime, has a contract for the next two years, but it voids automatically prior to the start of free agency, meaning the veteran will in fact be an unresticted free agent when the market opens on Thursday. Daniels is coming off of season-negating surgery and the Skins have displayed an interest in re-signing him, according to sources, but signing him now is not a priority and he will get a chance to see if other teams have interest.

When Daniels contract voids the Skins will get roughly $2 million in cap relief, though with just two NFL proven DEs under contract right now (Andre Carter and Jason Taylor), and Taylor a candidate to be a cap cut himself, the team will surely have to find an end or two, and that salary will eat back into that $2-million savings.

Well, the Skins didn't void the contract. Sounds like it's still up in the air.

Also in the article they mentioned a possible Shawn Springs cut. I wouldn't mind that since he can only stay healthy half the season. Plus it would save 6 mil.

Looks like a lot of changes.:yay:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...edskinsinsider

BuddyLee

Football addict
They'd be foolish not to draft but then again it is Vinny and Dan. If there is a 12 year veteran out there some where I'm sure he'll get an invite.
:lol:

It's a little tricky this year if you're going to draft.

They only have four picks.

Zguy28

Well, the Skins didn't void the contract. Sounds like it's still up in the air.

Also in the article they mentioned a possible Shawn Springs cut. I wouldn't mind that since he can only stay healthy half the season. Plus it would save 6 mil.

Looks like a lot of changes.:yay:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/red...edskinsinsider
I was just going by this article:
www.dcexaminer.com >> Cheers & Jeers - Cheers & Jeers » Daniels says he wants to stay

The Redskins’ defensive end will be an unrestricted free agent Feb. 27 — the last two years of his contract were voided — who hopes there’s a market for a soon-to-be 36 year old coming off knee surgery.
Basically its just a matter of time I guess.

BuddyLee

Football addict
“Everyone is concerned about my age,” Daniels said. “I take care of myself. I’m not the type of guy to drink all the time and do crazy stuff. I lift right; I train right. I don’t feel a young guy can come in and do what I can do [against the run]. I’m one of the top five run stoppers in the league. That’s how I feel about myself. Some coaches have told me that, too.”
- Phillip Daniels

He's old but he's right. If you've ever seen this guy and they way he works out.:faint:

Guy is a pure beast. Skins lost a lot last year on the D-line and in leadership by losing him in training camp. They would be foolish to let him go with the paper-thin line as it is.

angelbaby

I'm glad they cut Washington. I would like to see Springs go also. I'm hoping they make a deal soon with Hall. I really like him.

BuddyLee

Football addict
I'm glad they cut Washington. I would like to see Springs go also. I'm hoping they make a deal soon with Hall. I really like him.
I think they bag Hall. Only a matter of time.

His hometown is Virginia. Family is here.

I just hope they don't break the bank.:geek:

Beta84

They're out to get us
I think they bag Hall. Only a matter of time.

His hometown is Virginia. Family is here.

I just hope they don't break the bank.:geek:

You think they're gonna be willing to sign him as a #3/4 CB when other teams want him to start? I'm not feeling it. It would make more sense if they cut Springs. Otherwise with Springs, Rogers, and Smoot...he's not worth the money he'd be demanding.

BuddyLee

Football addict
You think they're gonna be willing to sign him as a #3/4 CB when other teams want him to start? I'm not feeling it. It would make more sense if they cut Springs. Otherwise with Springs, Rogers, and Smoot...he's not worth the money he'd be demanding.
No.

I think they're gonna be willing to sign him as a #1 or #2. That's why we're hearing rumors about trading cutting Shawn Springs and/or Carlos Rogers.