Redskins live...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not a bad half of football.

The Steelers seem pretty flat. Skins D looking very good.

Skins moving it on the ground. Pat ain't playing to bad though a pick for 6 is never good.

Couple of reall good throws on that last drive. The one to Cooley was beautiful but he had Sellers short for an easy one.

B+

Last edited:

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
Larry Gude said:
Not a bad half of football.

The Steelers seem pretty flat. Skins D looking very good.

Skins moving it on the ground. Pat ain't playing to bad though a pick for 6 is never good.

Couple of reall good throws on that last drive. The one to Cooley was beautiful but he had Sellers short for an easy one.

B+
Whatever. I just want to watch the Chargers....... :smoochy:

Cletus_Vandam

As a diehard Steelers fan, I have to say the 'skins pretty much handled everything the Steelers had to offer. If it hadn't been for the one interception that was run back for a TD, the score would have looked a lot worse for the Steelers.

I don't think that anyone should expect the Steelers (or Big Ben) to have the same kind of record that they did last year. Bettis getting hurt so early with little to no contact and Duce being out isn't a good sign. I also think that Ben is having troble delaing with the loss of Plex as a wide out.

Sorry to say it but it may be a long season for us Steeler's fans.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Cletus...

...I think you are being objective about your favorite team which I think has NO place in sport today!

I'm suppossed to say your guys can be had, not you!

That's the beauty of the NFL; as good as the Steelers are, year after year, there's always injuries, age and trades to deal with. That's why the Pats are so impressive, they just keep getting it down and why the Steelers are one of my favorite teams; they get damn close year after year.

Cowhers been there for what, 14 years!!??!?!

I'd love to be able to say that.

Cletus_Vandam

Larry Gude said:
...I think you are being objective about your favorite team which I think has NO place in sport today!

I'm suppossed to say your guys can be had, not you!

That's the beauty of the NFL; as good as the Steelers are, year after year, there's always injuries, age and trades to deal with. That's why the Pats are so impressive, they just keep getting it down and why the Steelers are one of my favorite teams; they get damn close year after year.

Cowhers been there for what, 14 years!!??!?!

I'd love to be able to say that.

Cowher has been there 14 years. Many of those who criticize the Steelers say that he is the source of their demise. I think otherwise. Sure there are some plays here and there that you could say he should have went the other way, but the way I look at things, if you have to place your entire season on one play call, then there are other problems you really are over looking.

Don’t get me wrong; I’ll cheer for the Steelers no matter what their record is and whether or not they stand a chance on going to the playoffs. I’ve just found that I don’t want to get my hopes too high… I went the entire last season thinking that they were going to lose in the playoffs, just as they did. It didn’t make me feel any less emotional when they DID lose, I was just able to tell myself “I told you so”.