Redskins - Ravens flexed to primetime

BuddyLee

Football addict
Redskins-Ravens Game Flexed to Prime Time

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD>By Gary Fitzgerald
Redskins.com
Posted: November 24, 2008
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<SCRIPT language=JavaScript src="http://bm.redskins.com/abm.aspx?z=108"></SCRIPT>
The Redskins will get another opportunity to be prime time players this season.

The Redskins-Baltimore Ravens game on Dec. 7 at M&T Bank Stadium has been moved to an 8:15 p.m. kickoff as part of the NFL’s flexible scheduling.
That means the game will be broadcast nationally on NBC with Al Michaels and John Madden.

Both the Redskins and Ravens are 7-4 this season, so the game should be a compelling matchup.

The game switches places with the New England Patriots-Seattle Seahawks game that was originally planned for that time slot.

The Redskins are 0-3 in nationally televised, prime time games this season. They lost to the New York Giants 16-7 in Week 1, the Pittsburgh Steelers 23-6 in Week 9 and the Dallas Cowboys 14-10 in Week 11.

The NFL utilizes flexible scheduling on Sundays in Weeks 11-17.

Flexible scheduling ensures quality matchups in all NFL Sunday time slots in those weeks and give teams a chance to play their way onto primetime and into the late-afternoon 4:15 PM ET time slot on CBS and FOX.
I usually like primetime games but the Skins haven't faired well at all during primetime this year.

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Must be a bad week if the best game they can find to put on in prime time is Redskins-Ravens... :doh:

SoMdDude

Must be a bad week if the best game they can find to put on in prime time is Redskins-Ravens... :doh:

Steelers play the Cowboys, THAT game should of been flexed IMO, i hate night games myself, when i attend them, and i am going to this one.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Steelers play the Cowboys, THAT game should of been flexed IMO, i hate night games myself, when i attend them, and i am going to this one.
Fox has the rights to that game and they won't give it up.

This game is being flexed because both teams are in the lead for the 6th seed as we speak.