Redskins trade for...

BuddyLee

Football addict
Adam Carriker from the Rams. They swap 5th and 7th round picks. Skins essentially pay a 6th rounder for him. Good deal.

This is also rumored to be the Skins schedule, which will be officially released at 7 pm EST tonight.

ESPN 980 2010 SKINS SCHEDULE: SAYS DAN HELLIE of NBC4:
DAL (snf)
HOU
@STL
@PHI
GB
INDY (snf)
@CHI
@DET
BYE
PHI (mnf)
@TEN
MIN
@NYG
TB
@DAL
@JAX
NYG<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Adam Carriker from the Rams. They swap 5th and 7th round picks. Skins essentially pay a 6th rounder for him. Good deal.

This is also rumored to be the Skins schedule, which will be officially released at 7 pm EST tonight.

ESPN 980 2010 SKINS SCHEDULE: SAYS DAN HELLIE of NBC4:
DAL (snf)
HOU
@STL
@PHI
GB
INDY (snf)
@CHI
@DET
BYE
PHI (mnf)
@TEN
MIN
@NYG
TB
@DAL
@JAX
NYG<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Yikes. Tough looking schedule!!!

BuddyLee

Football addict
I would agree two weeks ago.

With McNabb...
McNabb and Shanny improve this team by three wins. The eternal optimist in me see's 7-9. I'll be happy as long as we're competitive this season.

DAL (snf) LOSS
HOU LOSS
@STL WIN
@PHI WIN
GB LOSS
INDY (snf) LOSS
@CHI WIN
@DET WIN
BYE
PHI (mnf) WIN
@TEN LOSS
MIN LOSS
@NYG LOSS
TB WIN
@DAL LOSS
@JAX WIN
NYG LOSS

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
McNabb and Shanny improve this team by three wins. The eternal optimist in me see's 7-9. I'll be happy as long as we're competitive this season.

For entertainment purposes only, you are looking at half the equation, the new parts added to a 4-12 season.

With no Shan and McNabb, last years team this year, Campbell, better health, a new LT, whatever FA's they may have added, another year together, etc, would likely be a few games better, maybe even 7-9, agreed?

Even if all you'll give is 6-10, then, maybe we are 9-7 if we use your three for the Shan/McNabb factor. I think Haslett makes us one or two better as well because I think Blache should be coaching DII college defense.

BuddyLee

Football addict
For entertainment purposes only, you are looking at half the equation, the new parts added to a 4-12 season.

With no Shan and McNabb, last years team this year, Campbell, better health, a new LT, whatever FA's they may have added, another year together, etc, would likely be a few games better, maybe even 7-9, agreed?

Even if all you'll give is 6-10, then, maybe we are 9-7 if we use your three for the Shan/McNabb factor. I think Haslett makes us one or two better as well because I think Blache should be coaching DII college defense.
I think the defense comes around by the third quarter, maybe end of the season. Thus, I think the defense takes a step back this year and doesn't finish top 10. That's another reason why I think we finish 7-9.

Of course, all this is a guessing game. It's April and things are bound to change. Things will certainly change come Thursday. It will be interesting to see who we draft.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think the defense comes around by the third quarter, maybe end of the season. Thus, I think the defense takes a step back this year and doesn't finish top 10. That's another reason why I think we finish 7-9.

Of course, all this is a guessing game. It's April and things are bound to change. Things will certainly change come Thursday. It will be interesting to see who we draft.

If the D doesn't start playing well until the end of the season, this is going to be a 6-12 team at best. Defense ALWAYS starts strong, as strong as it's gonna get, for most any team.

Roger 'guessing'. :buddies:

Ponytail

"Donovan McNabb’s(notes) first game as Redskins quarterback will be against a familiar foe: Dallas. The Cowboys visit Washington in the Sunday night game on Sept. 12.

McNabb goes back to Philadelphia on Sunday, Oct. 4, the fourth week of the schedule and the first week with byes.

“It’s a competitive schedule to measure ourselves against some of the top teams in the National Football League,” Redskins coach Mike Shanahan said. “It is flattering to open the season on national television on Sunday night and to also play three prime-time games and five national broadcasts in our first nine games.” "

From Yahoo news.

angelbaby

DAL (snf) LOSS
HOU LOSS
@STL WIN
@PHI WIN
GB LOSS
INDY (snf) LOSS
@CHI WIN
@DET WIN
BYE
PHI (mnf) WIN
@TEN LOSS
MIN LOSS
@NYG LOSS
TB WIN
@DAL LOSS
@JAX WIN
NYG LOSS

You have us losing to Dallas not once but twice? :smack: :lol:

nuttshack

I think you guys are missing the glaring weakness the Skins had last year... You can't throw the ball if your offensive line can't block. Last year I watched Campbell get PUMMELED.

If that is addressed you the Skins are a wildcard, but McNabb got hammered by the Cowboys because of Defensive front, do you think the LOGS will do any better??

Not trying to rain on your parade just keeping it real!

DuffMan

DAL (snf) LOSS
HOU LOSS
@STL WIN
@PHI WIN
GB LOSS
INDY (snf) LOSS
@CHI WIN
@DET WIN
BYE
PHI (mnf) WIN
@TEN LOSS
MIN LOSS
@NYG LOSS
TB WIN
@DAL LOSS
@JAX WIN
NYG LOSS

I will be at that game!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think you guys are missing the glaring weakness the Skins had last year... You can't throw the ball if your offensive line can't block.

I don't think anyone familiar with the Skins is missing that. It is, as you suggest, the absolute biggest problem.

Zguy28

Campbell to Raiders

Its official. Adam Schefter reporting that Jason Campbell has been traded to the Oakland Raiders for a 4th round pick in 2012.