Redskins vs Colts

RPMDAD

Every year my wish is that the skins can at least go 50 - 50 over the season, my hopes appear dashed. Unlike Larry, i am not looking for a Super bowl team, however, i wish they can win at least half of them.

Washington Redskins
3-8, 4th in NFC Eastern Division
Live on FOX
Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana

Washington
Redskins
(3-8)

27 - 49
Live - 7:28 4Q

Indianapolis
Colts
(7-4)

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Looks like benching RG3 for McCoy really helped out :sarcasm:

How you think 'ol Colt would do if the team had, oh, say, 3 #1's and a #2 on the team?

What if every one of those picks was on the O line? They could have had Ryan Tannehill with their 'natural' 6th pick in '12 plus the 39th pick.
#22 in '13
#2 in '14

I won't bore you with the laundry list of players they could have had at those picks but, you'd probably agree that the existing team plus 3 first round picks and 1 second, minus RGIII, since 2012, might well be a little better team?

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Here's to hoping!
er2as.jpg

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Here's to hoping!

Hope.

I was listening to the radio today and they covered it all;

"Why, we need to add talent in the secondary'. We tried that using BIG picks for Landry and Taylor. No one, NO ONE builds a team from back to front.

"Why, we need to keep coaches around long enough to develop players around their coaching strengths and Haslett has to go" Kinda speaks for itself.

"This is all Bruce Allens fault..." No, it's not. He works for someone who has specific expectations.

I mean, this is simple stuff, really. You build from the lines out. That is first. It just is. This doesn't mean it has to be top picks. It just means plenty of good, younger guys on the lines. And go from there. Protect the QB. Attack the QB.

And you know that right now Snyder is trying to figure out how to get Winston; flash. Sparkly.

kom526

Hope.

I was listening to the radio today and they covered it all;

"Why, we need to add talent in the secondary'. We tried that using BIG picks for Landry and Taylor. No one, NO ONE builds a team from back to front.

"Why, we need to keep coaches around long enough to develop players around their coaching strengths and Haslett has to go" Kinda speaks for itself.

"This is all Bruce Allens fault..." No, it's not. He works for someone who has specific expectations.

I was listening to 106.7 this afternoon and one of those guys said that Kerrigan needs a 'Robin' to his 'Batman'. I do like what I see coming from Trent Murphy but we still need something else to be able to generate a solid pass rush without committing to blitzing. The DBs are young (Clark excluded) so I can hope that they mature over the last several games, and our OL is just dreadful as usual. I do not lose time from my Sundays watching the Redskins play. I may check in on the game but I can think of better ways to waste 3 hours of my life.

I mean, this is simple stuff, really. You build from the lines out. That is first. It just is. This doesn't mean it has to be top picks. It just means plenty of good, younger guys on the lines. And go from there. Protect the QB. Attack the QB.

And you know that right now Snyder is trying to figure out how to get Winston; flash. Sparkly.

I hate to admit it but Jerrah is doing it right in Big D. 1st rounders on the O line to protect his aging QB, but you have to wonder who is in the wings when Romo finally gets his spine snapped.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I hate to admit it but Jerrah is doing it right in Big D. 1st rounders on the O line to protect his aging QB, but you have to wonder who is in the wings when Romo finally gets his spine snapped.

Jerrha is not doing it right. He's doing the same thing as Snyder; undermining coaches.

The NFL is hyper competitive and uses people up. It just does. It is remorseless, relentless. It's sorta like war in that there is no use in wishing it is not so brutal. You have to do what the coach wants and live in fear of losing your job. Lose a step? Gone. Almost making plays you used to make? Gone. Mental errors? Gone.

Coaches need to fear getting fired by the owner who has said 'here, go coach my team and win or I will fire you' and the players have to fear the coach.

It's not a pleasant business and it can't be made to be so. Redskins players know if you're liked by Snyder, the rules are different. They know if you're a flashy free agent, you come here to get paid.

Snyder is sure he can over come this...somehow. Jerry is, too.

:shrug:

kom526

Jerry made those picks for the O linemen, correct? Building from the lines out, correct? That was the only point I was trying to make about him making some good decisions. Snyder will overcome it when he realizes that this team is not his Fantasy Football and finally decides to be the guy signing the checks and allows his "football people" to make "football decisions" but he has that ego thing to deal with first. Maybe Bob Kraft could teach him something.

Oh, he'd have to hire football people first and not allow the team president to appoint himself as GM.

Last edited:

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The NFL is hyper competitive and uses people up. It just does. It is remorseless, relentless. live in fear of losing your job. Lose a step?:

If you ever saw the ESPN show Playmakers there was a scene where the coach shows the running back the difference between 1/2 second of speed. He shows him a play on tape. If either the ball carrier or the defender was a half second faster the outcome is different.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
How you think 'ol Colt would do if the team had, oh, say, 3 #1's and a #2 on the team?

What if every one of those picks was on the O line? They could have had Ryan Tannehill with their 'natural' 6th pick in '12 plus the 39th pick.
#22 in '13
#2 in '14

I won't bore you with the laundry list of players they could have had at those picks but, you'd probably agree that the existing team plus 3 first round picks and 1 second, minus RGIII, since 2012, might well be a little better team?

Don't mention to me about the O-line. The Bucs have the worst, without a doubt, and they got rid of three starters this past off season that are starting for their new respective teams. And we have Lovie Smith and his beloved Josh McGown to continue to lead into further obscurity.