Reflection

corollinout

I went down to the public fishing pier in Solomons to work on an idea that has been running through my head for a little while now. I had no intentions of photographing the bridge, as I have many times before. The Patuxent on the other hand gave me a good reason to, I can't say I have seen the Patuxent so smooth in a long time. There was almost no movement, the lighting from the pier was great as well, and I think reflected off the smooth water to light the bridge up so well.

SI4077 by Sampson Images, on Flickr

TPD

the poor dad
I went down to the public fishing pier in Solomons to work on an idea that has been running through my head for a little while now. I had no intentions of photographing the bridge, as I have many times before. The Patuxent on the other hand gave me a good reason to, I can't say I have seen the Patuxent so smooth in a long time. There was almost no movement, the lighting from the pier was great as well, and I think reflected off the smooth water to light the bridge up so well.

SI4077 by Sampson Images, on Flickr

What a great picture - postcard worthy!

Outstanding.

If the sun was setting to the right, what was lighting the bridge uprights? Lights from the launch area?

corollinout

Outstanding.

If the sun was setting to the right, what was lighting the bridge uprights? Lights from the launch area?

This was taken after 7, all the lighting is from the lights on the public pier right there. I think the calm water helped reflect the light onto the bridge. This was a 20 second exposure.

Here is what I was working on, but it gives a better idea of the lighting that was there that night. I remember the times, because I went after dropping my daughter off at dance lol.

I was playing around with ghosting. This is the first try, so I haven't shown it off a lot.

SI4061 by Sampson Images, on Flickr

This was taken after 7, all the lighting is from the lights on the public pier right there. I think the calm water helped reflect the light onto the bridge. This was a 20 second exposure.

Here is what I was working on, but it gives a better idea of the lighting that was there that night. I remember the times, because I went after dropping my daughter off at dance lol.

I was playing around with ghosting. This is the first try, so I haven't shown it off a lot.
on Flickr

:yay:

corollinout

I am actually going to get several prints of this printed in the next few days. I am trying to stock up for vendor shows and Artsfest if accepted. That's not a bad idea to take them to the businesses though. I have sold a couple through my website, just haven't gotten one for myself lol.