Refrigerator repairman

snowygirl

Hi I was wondering if anyone can please recommend a good fridge repair person that’s not too expensive. Thank you
I know it’s stupid what I need help with but my husband used to take care of all this stuff and since he’s not here any longer I’m trying to learn how to do it. Thanks for the replies I appreciate it. And no it’s not sarcasm or anger.:)

Last edited:

stgislander

PREMO Member
Do people still do that? The last I remember in SMC was the guy at the intersection of Rt5 and Chingville Rd.

What's wrong with it?

PeoplesElbow

Friend of mine got the Lowes extended warrenty on his fridge, they couldnt find anyone to work on it, so after he bitched at them for nearly a month he got a new fridge. He said no repair man would come as far south as st marys.

Grumpy

We've become a throwaway society. Most times its cheaper to buy new than have something repaired by a professional. I don't know what your problem is with your fridge but if you look around on the net or youtube, you might find a simple solution or DIY fix.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
We've become a throwaway society. Most times its cheaper to buy new than have something repaired by a professional. I don't know what your problem is with your fridge but if you look around on the net or youtube, you might find a simple solution or DIY fix.
Ten years ago my fridge went on the fritz. The guy I was dating at the time did something like that. Ordered a new motherboard and replaced it. It's still going strong. Best $110.00 spent!

willie

I bought a Samsung French door refrigerator from Lowe's and also purchased the 4 year warranty. A&A does the warranty work for Lowe's. Service was not quick but the techs appeared to know what they were doing. That Samsung gave them a lot of experience in those 4 years.

snowygirl

Do people still do that? The last I remember in SMC was the guy at the intersection of Rt5 and Chingville Rd.

What's wrong with it?
I feel stupid saying this but the arm in the ice machine broke and it has to be replaced. I called Amana and they said they would give me the parts I needed but I had to get a fridge repair person to diagnose it. The arm broke that controls the ice flow so now it’s making ice like crazy and I can’t fix it without buying a new machine. If I could figure out how to turn off the water line for the machine itself I’ll go without ice. Sorry for the novel. Lol

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I feel stupid saying this but the arm in the ice machine broke and it has to be replaced. I called Amana and they said they would give me the parts I needed but I had to get a fridge repair person to diagnose it. The arm broke that controls the ice flow so now it’s making ice like crazy and I can’t fix it without buying a new machine. If I could figure out how to turn off the water line for the machine itself I’ll go without ice. Sorry for the novel. Lol
I turned the water off mine years ago because it was leaking.

PJay

It's behind the fridge.

PJay

Some have a way though to turn off making ice inside freezer. Do you have owners manual?

stgislander

PREMO Member
When you say the "arm", do you mean the wire that raises up when the ice bin is full and stops the ice maker?

snowygirl

When you say the "arm", do you mean the wire that raises up when the ice bin is full and stops the ice maker?
Yep. It broke with a piece of the ice maker still on it so that’s why I can’t just replace the arm. It’s like the corner of the ice maker closes to the back of the freezer.

stgislander

PREMO Member
Yep. It broke with a piece of the ice maker still on it so that’s why I can’t just replace the arm. It’s like the corner of the ice maker closes to the back of the freezer.
If you post the Make/Model, I'm sure we can find you an exploded parts list showing how everything goes together if you want to try and DIY it.