Refrigerator repairman

PeoplesElbow

All 3 Lowe's I've worked at have had LG and Samsung graveyards. 1st Samsung refrigerator I saw go out the door about 12 years ago back in Illinois came back in just 2 days. It had turned from a refrigerator into a smoker cooker.

Our preference is for as few electronics as possible in major appliances. Have a high end Maytag washer and dryer we bought in September 1983. Still work just fine, battleship grade electro-mechanical controls.
One of the appliance people at the Waldorf store also warned me about Samsung. This was after I knew about them and was testing him though. Was a bit surprised he told me that though.

willie

One of the appliance people at the Waldorf store also warned me about Samsung. This was after I knew about them and was testing him though. Was a bit surprised he told me that though.
I asked the different repair guys that worked on my Samsung (4 or 5 of them) what refrigerator they had in their home. All said Whirlpool.

PeoplesElbow

I asked the different repair guys that worked on my Samsung (4 or 5 of them) what refrigerator they had in their home. All said Whirlpool.
Wow 4 or 5, good to know about Whirlpool it's what I have. I've also had good luck with GE appliances, washer and dryer are GE.

SandieGarry

Ok, in the same line. How many buy extended warranty? We got a full refund on a Whirlpool bought from hhgregg. It was repaired twice, third time the warranty company gave us a full refund. This was 3 years after initial purchase.

PeoplesElbow

Ok, in the same line. How many buy extended warranty? We got a full refund on a Whirlpool bought from hhgregg. It was repaired twice, third time the warranty company gave us a full refund. This was 3 years after initial purchase.
Depends on the price of the warrenty, 10% of the purchase price I say go for it. At 20% I say no way.

I did get screwed by Lowes on one before, they wanted me to take a chainsaw to Salisbury because that was the closest service center as the crow flies. The woman on the phone could not be made to understand there was a big body of water between there and here.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My mom has a pretty new Whirlpool washer and dryer. The washer tries to walk across the laundry room floor every time the spin cycle starts. Has done it since day one. Repairman has been out twice and cannot find anything wrong.
The top loads have a higher RPM on the spin than do the older models.

I've seen rubber vibration damper pads for under the feet.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The top loads have a higher RPM on the spin than do the older models.

I've seen rubber vibration damper pads for under the feet.
I was surprised how much travel the four thin wire hangers allow. I can swing the tub far enough that it hits the metal sides. I was tempted to get some large pieces of packing foam and glue it to the metal sides with construction adhesive to limit the amount of travel.

willie

I was surprised how much travel the four thin wire hangers allow. I can swing the tub far enough that it hits the metal sides. I was tempted to get some large pieces of packing foam and glue it to the metal sides with construction adhesive to limit the amount of travel.
My top load Samsung spins fast enough to practically dry the clothes. It cut the electric dryer time enough to be noticeable on the electric bill.

1stGenSMIB

Depends on the price of the warrenty, 10% of the purchase price I say go for it. At 20% I say no way.

I did get screwed by Lowes on one before, they wanted me to take a chainsaw to Salisbury because that was the closest service center as the crow flies. The woman on the phone could not be made to understand there was a big body of water between there and here.
Ha...that happened to me with the call for the COVID vaccine. I am in southern Calvert and Salisbury was closer than Blue Crabs stadium to the girl on the phone. :)
Wonder if snowygirl found her fridge model number yet ? Snowy, look inside the fridge, the model should be on a sticker up on the inside wall somewhere.

snowygirl

Ha...that happened to me with the call for the COVID vaccine. I am in southern Calvert and Salisbury was closer than Blue Crabs stadium to the girl on the phone. :)
Wonder if snowygirl found her fridge model number yet ? Snowy, look inside the fridge, the model should be on a sticker up on the inside wall somewhere.
Yep I found it. Getting the part and having my son take care of it.