Regency Furniture

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Haven't been there in a while but I didn't think their prices were all that great. Found a better deal on a sofa at Value City Furniture.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Kitchen Tables and Dining room set are better there, but couches and such are better at Value City.

If you want a best quality kitchen set and dining room set, Amish will be the best to buy from.

R

rhenderson

Watch out for their return policy. I considered buying a table ($300+) from them a few years ago and asked about their return policy because I was not sure if it would work where I wanted it go. No ifs, ands or buts - there was a significant restocking fee if I bought it and took it out of the store. Haven't been back since.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Watch out for their return policy. I considered buying a table ($300+) from them a few years ago and asked about their return policy because I was not sure if it would work where I wanted it go. No ifs, ands or buts - there was a significant restocking fee if I bought it and took it out of the store. Haven't been back since.

Did you consider a measuring tape first?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
FWIW, I recently (last September) bought a new dining set from them (table, 6 chairs, buffet & hutch) and had a great experience. The items were on sale when I purchased them, and I even managed to get them down in price a little more.

At the time I was between houses, and didn't have a place to store the furniture. Luckily they offered (and probably still do) a layaway plan. I paid 1/2 up front, and paid the rest off 2 weeks before moving to ensure I'd have it once we moved in.

SoMD_Fun_Guy

Do you like apples?
How about bedroom sets?

Where's the best place to get a new bedroom set?

I gotta replace the cheap@$$ bed frame that i got now and upgrade to a queen or king.

Any suggestions where to shop?

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I gotta replace the cheap@$$ bed frame that i got now and upgrade to a queen or king.

Value City has really good prices, and the quality of the furniture is good. Regency has a nice selection as well.

ciwmj

Needs some thoughts on this place.....good or bad experiences?

When we were looking for new furniture we looked around. Lots of particle board in Regencys offerings. Value City had lots of wood in there offerings. We prefer wood,it lasts a lot better in our high humidity climate.

LazySmurfette

Our kitchen table set, bedroom set, and our living room furniture all came from VCF. I am extremly happy with the items we have gotten from them. Definitely worth checking it out.

CrystalClear

yea, clear as mud
Ashley Furniture Store in Fredricksburg

We bought our bedroom furniture at Regency 3 years ago. Because we wouldn't buy the warranty (it's just the two of us now) he got "pissy" with us and wouldn't give us a new comforter set as was advertised (gave us the one that was used on the floor)...whatever. We won't buy anything there again.

Last weekend we went to Ashley Furniture and bought 3 accent pieces for the great room. We have been looking for a specific size media cabinet for some time, cheapest one we have seen was $1000. Ashley had exactly what we wanted for $399. Our bedroom set was in store as well, and it probably would've been a bit cheaper.

With all that being said. The experience at Ashley was great. Sales personnel didn't follow you around like lost puppy dogs, and when we did need help they would very knowledgeable. Delivery is $99.99, BUT that includes delivery and set up, which is great! (ps. if you buy in VA and have delivered to MD, you don't pay sales tax!)

mdgirlie

Ordered a couch and love seat in February, got it in early June. If you buy it off the floor, you can take it home, but it you want something that nobody has sat on, it will take you a very long time to get it since the furniture manufacturer has to "make" it. That wasn't explained to us. Oh, and absolutely no refunds, even if you had to wait 3 months like we did. GL! Try Value City, we got a better deal with them on other furniture.

Read closer

If you order furniture and you cancel order,there is a restocking fee. It does not have to leave the store. Read all of the fine print on the back of that "pink" ticket. We ordered a couch from them and it came in within a couple of days and because of their return policy I wanted it unwrapped before we left with it. Lo and behold the entire back was ripped. They said they would have it repaired. We said "no thank you" we would just like to have it replaced. They checked and that was the last one they had. We said would just like to cancel and get our money back. All the friendly people than vanished and "manager appeared and said if we cancelled there would be a 20% restocking fee. I fought with this sucker for almost an 1/2 hour before he begrugenly agreed to refund. If you shop there be ever so careful.

dawn

I have bought a living room, Bedroom and dining room set from Regency. I have bought a living room set and dining room set from Room Store and I have bought reclining chair, lamps, and tables from value city.....no complaints from any store!

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I've gone to Regency for those so called sales and anything my wife wanted was of course not on sale and pricey. Plus they followed you around like a used car salesman. I ended up getting sectional at Andrews Home Traditions, they said it would take 5-6 weeks to arive and it was there in less than a week, plus no taxes to pay.

pappascw

Needs some thoughts on this place.....good or bad experiences?

We've always had good luck with them. Esp if you looking for Ashley stuff. Look online alot of places ship ashley for rock bottom pricing. They've always lowered their price so I was able to buy from them for the same price.. Definitely don't be afraid to haggle..

Try barewoods furniture online if you don't mind some assembly. They will put a finish on it if you want.