"Regrettable"

transporter

A word that can be used for the entirety of the Trump presidency:

The Latest: German minister says US pact move 'regrettable'

WASHINGTON (AP) — The Latest on President Donald Trump’s decision to pull the U.S. from an arms control agreement with Russia (all times local):

9:05 a.m.

Germany’s foreign minister says President Donald Trump’s intention to pull out of an arms control agreement with Russia is “regrettable.”

Heiko Maas says in a statement that the Intermediate-Range Nuclear Forces Treaty is “an important pillar of our European security architecture.” He says Trump’s announcement “raises difficult questions for us and Europe.”

Trump, the great self proclaimed deal maker, is approaching the second anniversary of his regrettable presidency. He has yet to negotiate a single deal that could be called anything more than mundane or cosmetic. He has done a wonderful job of destroying or reneging on previous deals.

Inept

Incompetent

Unfit

limblips

PREMO Member
I prefer the term "resolute" as a word that can be used for the entire Trump presidency.

You quickly point out that Germany is opposed to the pull out but you fail to mention that Great Britain is "resolute" in support of it, not surprising since it doesn't fit your inane narrative. From Reuters: British defense minister Gavin Williamson, in comments reported by the Financial Times, said London stood “resolute” behind Washington over the issue, and that the Kremlin was making a mockery of the agreement.

You also didn't research the issue or don't want to admit that we have reams of intel data proving that Russia is not in compliance and hasn't been for decades, so "F" them and Germany. If Germany is so worried about Europe then let them step up to the plate and fix the problem using their money, not ours.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
A word that can be used for the entirety of the Trump presidency:

The Latest: German minister says US pact move 'regrettable'

Trump, the great self proclaimed deal maker, is approaching the second anniversary of his regrettable presidency. He has yet to negotiate a single deal that could be called anything more than mundane or cosmetic. He has done a wonderful job of destroying or reneging on previous deals.

Inept

Incompetent

Unfit

Okay, expert. Tell me why it's regrettable. Don't quote the German foreign minister; let's hear your informed opinion.

I was in Europe when Reagan introduced the GLCMs (in England) and the Pershing IIs in Germany (as well as a change in doctrine by both the Army and Air Force and other DIME applications of national soft power) that eventually forced the Soviets into negotiations that led to the INF Treaty. At the time, Reagan's decisions were lamented by - you guessed it - the Germans as regrettable because it put Ostpolitik in jeopardy. Now Trump is withdrawing from a treaty that the Russians have been cheating on for years and the Germans lament because - yes, you guessed correctly again - it puts their Ostpolitik 2.0 in jeopardy.

And so how do I know about the Russians and INF? Well, because I worked on the INF Treaty as both a Treaty SME for the agency I worked in at the time, as well as an inspector for one of the two main components of the Treaty. Bottom line, the US has been staying in a treaty regime the Russians abandoned years ago.

Over to you, expert. Waiting for an informed response.

Transporter.

Inept.

Incompetent.

Unfit.

--- End of line (MCP)

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Okay, expert. Tell me why it's regrettable. Don't quote the German foreign minister; let's hear your informed opinion.

I was in Europe when Reagan introduced the LBCMs (in England) and the Pershing IIs in Germany (as well as a change in doctrine by both the Army and Air Force and other DIME applications of national soft power) that eventually forced the Soviets into negotiations that led to the INF Treaty. At the time, Reagan's decisions were lamented by - you guessed it - the Germans as regrettable because it put Ostpolitik in jeopardy. Now Trump is withdrawing from a treaty that the Russians have been cheating on for years and the Germans lament because - yes, you guessed correctly again - it puts their Ostpolitik 2.0 in jeopardy.

And so how do I know about the Russians and INF? Well, because I worked on the INF Treaty as both a Treaty SME for the agency I worked in at the time, as well as an inspector for one of the two main components of the Treaty. Bottom line, the US has been staying in a treaty regime the Russians abandoned years ago.

Over to you, expert. Waiting for an informed response.

Transporter.

Inept.

Incompetent.

Unfit.

--- End of line (MCP)

:yay:

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
I prefer the term "resolute" as a word that can be used for the entire Trump presidency.

You quickly point out that Germany is opposed to the pull out but you fail to mention that Great Britain is "resolute" in support of it, not surprising since it doesn't fit your inane narrative. From Reuters: British defense minister Gavin Williamson, in comments reported by the Financial Times, said London stood “resolute” behind Washington over the issue, and that the Kremlin was making a mockery of the agreement.

You also didn't research the issue or don't want to admit that we have reams of intel data proving that Russia is not in compliance and hasn't been for decades, so "F" them and Germany. If Germany is so worried about Europe then let them step up to the plate and fix the problem using their money, not ours.

Nice write-up/measured response.

Thank you.

--- End of line (MCP)