Reheating Pizza

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Disclaimer: There will be those who will say, "Get an air fryer!!!!" I don't have one, haven't made a decision to buy one yet, so I do this.

Quite a while back, I remember @vraiblonde saying how reheated pizza is the pits because it just doesn't come out right, soggy crust, etc.... Looked for that post, but couldn't find it. However, what I found while looking for it is interesting... more in a bit...

Anyway, I've found this method of reheating pizza to work really well, the pizza comes out very close to original. I use a toaster oven, but a regular oven works just as well. The big trick is to coat your pizza pan or stone with olive oil or vegetable oil before putting it in the oven. Pre-heat the over to at least 400* with the pan/stone. Once it gets up to temp, then put the pizza in. If the pizza was frozen, it will be fine, but heats more evenly if it's thawed first. The crust comes out crispy and the cheese soft and stringy.

Back to the interesting.... it was eye opening to see just how many times Vrai has used the word 'pizza' in post in the past few years. Very frequently with "I like Nicolleti's" and "Old Forge". :lol: Just an observation. I'll bet all of us would register similar....

Figured there would be lots of reheated pizza over the next few weeks.

PJay

Reheating pizza is not a problem for me because I never have any leftover.

Dog Pizza GIF

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
We use a Nordic Ware microwave griddle. Pre-heat for 6 minutes, then reheat for 3.
1669248167282.png

ontheriver

Disclaimer: There will be those who will say, "Get an air fryer!!!!" I don't have one, haven't made a decision to buy one yet, so I do this.

Quite a while back, I remember @vraiblonde saying how reheated pizza is the pits because it just doesn't come out right, soggy crust, etc.... Looked for that post, but couldn't find it. However, what I found while looking for it is interesting... more in a bit...

Anyway, I've found this method of reheating pizza to work really well, the pizza comes out very close to original. I use a toaster oven, but a regular oven works just as well. The big trick is to coat your pizza pan or stone with olive oil or vegetable oil before putting it in the oven. Pre-heat the over to at least 400* with the pan/stone. Once it gets up to temp, then put the pizza in. If the pizza was frozen, it will be fine, but heats more evenly if it's thawed first. The crust comes out crispy and the cheese soft and stringy.

Back to the interesting.... it was eye opening to see just how many times Vrai has used the word 'pizza' in post in the past few years. Very frequently with "I like Nicolleti's" and "Old Forge". :lol: Just an observation. I'll bet all of us would register similar....

Figured there would be lots of reheated pizza over the next few weeks.
Honestly, try the air fryer. I was the holdout. Son bought me one. I haven't "cooked" anything in it but reheating anything is amazing. Pizza, fries, lumpia, mozzarella sticks, . I was wrong about GBC and I was wrong about the air fryer.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Honestly, try the air fryer. I was the holdout. Son bought me one. I haven't "cooked" anything in it but reheating anything is amazing. Pizza, fries, lumpia, mozzarella sticks, . I was wrong about GBC and I was wrong about the air fryer.
I'm not against them, nor have a real opinion on them yet. I did look at a number of them, but there were so many with so many options I didn't know what I was looking at anymore. And realistically, there isn't a whole lot I'd use it for, so another appliance taking up space.

And I don't hate GBC, but don't care enough for it to make it for myself.

ontheriver

I'm not against them, nor have a real opinion on them yet. I did look at a number of them, but there were so many with so many options I didn't know what I was looking at anymore. And realistically, there isn't a whole lot I'd use it for, so another appliance taking up space.

And I don't hate GBC, but don't care enough for it to make it for myself.
Mine is small, perfect for reheating. I do not plan to put a steak or pork chop in it, but for reheating anything you would want to stay crunchy it beats the microwave by a mile. I keep it on the counter with the toaster, but I have plenty of cabinets for the crock pot, bread maker, deep fryer, etc. And yes, I use them all and they are out of sight.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

This ^^

If you haven’t used your air fryer to cook up a couple one inch thick pork chops yet you are surely missing out!

It is the best way to cook crab cakes.

Oh and reheating just about anything.

And wait… there’s more!

I could go on and on. I didn’t even mention how delicious it cooks up seasoned steaks!

ontheriver

If you haven’t used your air fryer to cook up a couple one inch thick pork chops yet you are surely missing out!

It is the best way to cook crab cakes.

Oh and reheating just about anything.

And wait… there’s more!

I could go on and on. I didn’t even mention how delicious it cooks up seasoned steaks!
Ima need instructions. Just anxious to air fry meat as expensive as it is.

PS, I make great chops right in the skillet. Has to be bone in, thick cut.

ShyGirl

This is the only way I reheat pizza anymore.

How To Reheat Pizza
  1. Heat skillet over medium heat for a few minutes.
  2. Place your cold slice of pizza on the skillet and cook uncovered for 4 minutes.
  3. Add a teaspoon of water to one side of the skillet so it doesn't soak into the pizza.
  4. Lower heat, cover skillet and cook for another couple of minutes.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
This is the only way I reheat pizza anymore.

How To Reheat Pizza
  1. Heat skillet over medium heat for a few minutes.
  2. Place your cold slice of pizza on the skillet and cook uncovered for 4 minutes.
  3. Add a teaspoon of water to one side of the skillet so it doesn't soak into the pizza.
  4. Lower heat, cover skillet and cook for another couple of minutes.
:jameo: But it's not using an AIR FRYER!!!!!!!! :jameo:

Nice to see you....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
:jameo: But it's not using an AIR FRYER!!!!!!!! :jameo:

I'm surprised you don't have an airfryer. You mentioned you have a toaster oven - why wouldn't you just have a multipurpose airfryer instead? Here's what we have:

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I'm surprised you don't have an airfryer. You mentioned you have a toaster oven - why wouldn't you just have a multipurpose airfryer instead? Here's what we have:

:sshrug: Because it's a convection toaster oven and does everything an air fryer does? Just never had an overwhelming desire for one.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I need to upgrade my toaster oven and might consider this. My current one is going on 15 years. It was a housewarming gift from Sistard.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Put a skillet on a burner turned on medium.
In the mean time, nuke the slice(s) for 1.5 minutes.
Then slide them into the hot, dry pan.
Cook until the crust is nice and toasty.
Eat & enjoy.

I can eat cold pizza any time, day or nite.

And I agree, I think the convection toaster is another name for an air fryer.