Reheating Pizza

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Now that we've successfully transitioned from pizza to wings.....

If I have the time, I brine my wings, then grill them. A perfectly terrific alternative is to buy them from the Chinese takeout. They use the super jumbo size wings and not sure how they are prepped, but they are juicy and crispy. Just a few splashes of McIlhenny green sauce.

Toxick

Splat
Reheating pizza is not a problem for me because I never have any leftover.

Dog Pizza GIF

This right here.

I have two sons the size of NFL linebackers. I haven't had any leftover pizza in 15 years.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
For your consideration ...

Come on people. It's not rocket science. Just nuking leftover pizza until it stops being rigid and warm enough to still savor the flavor, is the pièce de résistance. It's leftover pizza, not grandma's green bean casserole. Or like so many others, just grab a slice from the box in the frig and chomp away. It's not like you are going to be setting the table with your best china with forks, spoons and knives, along with wine glasses before eating it.

PJay

This right here.

I have two sons the size of NFL linebackers. I haven't had any leftover pizza in 15 years.
I only order or make amount can eat. Pizza is better freshly made. The refrigerator kills it.

Toxick

Splat
I only order or make amount can eat. Pizza is better freshly made. The refrigerator kills it.

I never had a problem eating it non-fresh.

There was a time in my life I'd wake up off the floor - groggily shake a few tipped over or semi-crushed beer cans to see if there was any left in them, then grab a slice of pizza from an open box (sometimes with a bite taken out of it) before staggering to the bathroom.

Good times.

Good times.

TPD

the poor dad
For your consideration ...

Come on people. It's not rocket science. Just nuking leftover pizza until it stops being rigid and warm enough to still savor the flavor, is the pièce de résistance. It's leftover pizza, not grandma's green bean casserole.
Thank you! I'm reading these comments and thinking 10-20 minutes to reheat day old pizza? Hell no! I throw a slice or 2 on a paper towel and microwave to perfection in about a minute and I'm happy.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Grumpy dislikes GBC is why he mentioned it. Like every TG here on this forum when GBC is mentioned you have the lovers and haters of that mess. The war started in another thread.

I like naked chicken. No flour. Wings are great made in Air Fryer. Toss them in a little avocado oil and salt and pepper. Cook for your desired crunch. :yum:
I’ve never heard of anyone using avocado oil for anything before.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Thank you! I'm reading these comments and thinking 10-20 minutes to reheat day old pizza? Hell no! I throw a slice or 2 on a paper towel and microwave to perfection in about a minute and I'm happy.
Some of us do like to overthink things. ;)

itsbob

I bowl overhand
This is the only way I reheat pizza anymore.

How To Reheat Pizza
  1. Heat skillet over medium heat for a few minutes.
  2. Place your cold slice of pizza on the skillet and cook uncovered for 4 minutes.
  3. Add a teaspoon of water to one side of the skillet so it doesn't soak into the pizza.
  4. Lower heat, cover skillet and cook for another couple of minutes.
Do you even own an air fryer?

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Nope, Microwave turns crust into a rubberized substance.. airfryer, 3 minutes to reheat one or two slices, and crust is still fresh and crunchy..

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Nope, Microwave turns crust into a rubberized substance.. airfryer, 3 minutes to reheat one or two slices, and crust is still fresh and crunchy..
I don't use the microwave to cook anything, it destroys the texture of the food. Reheating of liquids is what it gets mostly used for.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I put a frozen pizza in the oven this morning about 10-1030. Ate 3 pieces and the rest is still sitting on the counter. I guess it's safest to toss the rest. Now this sounds like a Dems4me post. 😂

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I put a frozen pizza in the oven this morning about 10-1030. Ate 3 pieces and the rest is still sitting on the counter. I guess it's safest to toss the rest. Now this sounds like a Dems4me post. 😂
No way.. we would leave a pizza out all weekend and grab a piece on the way to PT Monday morning.