Relationship Research

aer2

Hey everyone! I am not sure if it is okay for me to do this so I apologize in advance if this is bothersome to anyone. I am a graduate student at the University of Rochester in Rochester, NY and we are running a number of studies on intimate/marital relationships that I think some of you may be interested in. Some of the aspects of relationships we are interested in are: communication, conflict, personality, sexuality, satisfaction, and the newlywed years. I have provided a description of each of the studies below. If you have any questions don't hesitate to contact me! Thank you in advance for your time and consideration:)

www.couples-research.com

CURRENT ONLINE SURVEYS:
The Communication & Conflict in Relationships
Survey (NEW)
1. This survey is voluntary & anonymous
2. It is shorter (takes 15-20 minutes to complete)
3. Will offer you more extensive feedback on the quality your
relationship.

Personality and Relationships Survey (NEW)
1. This survey is voluntary & anonymous
2. It is shorter (takes 15-20 minutes to complete)
3. Offers EXTENSIVE FEEDBACK on your personality and your
relationship

LONGITUDINAL STUDY:
Understanding Challenges in Early Marriage Study:
1. Is voluntary and confidential
2. Is open to engaged couples and newlyweds
3. Takes 20-25 minutes for the initial survey
4. Includes short (5-10min) yearly follow up surveys
5. Pays $5-10 for completed surveys with chances to win $100 each
year

Thank you for your time and support!

Ronald D. Rogge, Ph.D.
Department of Clinical and Social Psychology
University of Rochester
rogge@psych.rochester.edu

Wickedwrench

Stubborn and opinionated
Love is a bubble that forms in the throat and busts you in the ass. That's my take on relationships in general.:yay: Quote me if you must.:lol:

aer2

Hello. I am sorry to those of you who have been inconvenienced by this post. For those of you who take the survey(s), I thank you very much. If you have any questions or comments don't hesitate to contact me. We are always looking for ways to improve our research. Thanks again!

ocean733

I think she might be serious. It's an easy way to collect data without having to physically go to many different places to hand out and collect questionnaires.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm going to help out.:cheers:

aer2

Hello everyone! You are right in that this is a good way to recruit people for research and since we need almost 5000 people we need all of the help that we can get. If you are concerned about whether the surveys are legitimate the website has some contact information that may make you feel more comfortable. If you have any other questions or comments feel free to contact me.

Steve

Enjoying life!
aer2 said:
Hello everyone! You are right in that this is a good way to recruit people for research and since we need almost 5000 people we need all of the help that we can get. If you are concerned about whether the surveys are legitimate the website has some contact information that may make you feel more comfortable. If you have any other questions or comments feel free to contact me.
How'd you find this place? Don't you know that SMIB relationships are different than the national norm and likely to seriously skew your research, thus causing your graduate thesis to be nothing but bunk, forever dashing your hopes of an advanced degree and a good job?

Run! Delete your posts and forget this place!

Steve said:
How'd you find this place? Don't you know that SMIB relationships are different than the national norm and likely to seriously skew your research, thus causing your graduate thesis to be nothing but bunk, forever dashing your hopes of an advanced degree and a good job?

:killingme

ocean733

Steve said:

I have found theories that support an opposing hypothesis and the statistical analysis of this data is statistically significant.

:lol:

aer2

Hello and thank you for your reply! It is important that we recruit a variety of people and all different types of relationships for our research. Therefore, I am confident that the thesis coming out of this research will be of high quality based on the large spectrum of people we are looking to recruit. If you have any other questions or comments I'm here.

hvp05

Methodically disorganized
He is obviously legit... he has a website about the project.

One thing is bewildering: Ron Rogge. Ron Rogge? Talk about strange relationships. :lol: He's a Ph.D. nonetheless.

At least we have not yet heard about his grandma chasing the neighbor's dog...