"Relax Sweety! Those lesions are only COVID!"

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Mouth lesions may be a new coronavirus symptom, study suggests

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, COVID-19 symptoms usually include fever, cough, aches and difficulty breathing, among others. A new study, however, suggests that skin rashes, which are not listed by the CDC, are also a sign of the deadly virus.

The research, published in JAMA Dermatology, notes that enanthems (skin rash-like lesions inside a person's mouth) were observed in some (6 of 21) patients with COVID-19 and skin rash. The patients were aged between 40 and 69 and four of the six were female.

:twitch:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
That link by Fox News shows "Aphthous Stomatitis" or commonly called "Canker Sores" and they are an autoimmune response.

Aphthous stomatitis is a common condition characterized by the repeated formation of benign and non-contagious mouth ulcers (aphthae) in otherwise healthy individuals. The informal term canker sores is also used, mainly in North America, although this may also refer to any mouth ulcers.
The cause is not completely understood, but involves a T cell-mediated immune response triggered by a variety of factors, including not drinking enough water. Different individuals have different triggers, which may include nutritional deficiencies, local trauma, stress, hormonal influences, allergies, or genetic predisposition.

The "Enanthems" that the JAMA research i(that the new article refers to) has observed being present in some COVID patients are really a rash inside the mouth (like for instance, Measles or Chicken Pox inside the mouth would be considered Enanthems)
Enanthem or enanthema is a rash (small spots) on the mucous membranes.[1] It is characteristic of patients with viral infections[2] causing hand foot and mouth disease, measles, and sometimes chicken pox, or Covid-19.[3] In addition, bacterial infections such as Scarlet fever may also be a cause of enanthema. The aforementioned diseases usually present with exanthema and enanthema.

I know. I've been plagued throughout my entire life with canker sores. It was recently that I was reading up on them again, and have been reading about the T-Cell immune response.

GregV814

I’m embarrassed to say this, but in my declining years, I feel the touchy beginning of a ZIT on my nose near my cheek!
Dick Clark and Clearisil where are you???
NO, could it be CoVid 19 or 20???
Should I call 9-1-1, BLM???, my County Commissioners???

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I’m embarrassed to say this, but in my declining years, I feel the touchy beginning of a ZIT on my nose near my cheek!
Dick Clark and Clearisil where are you???
NO, could it be CoVid 19 or 20???
Should I call 9-1-1, BLM???, my County Commissioners???
Those are "Mask Pimples"

Sue Larry Hogan.