Relocation

Scoudret

Hello,
I’m relocating to the Patuxent River area for a new job opportunity. What apartment complexes/areas do you recommend? Is Lexington park an ok place to live? I’ve found an available apartment there. Should I wait and try and find an apartment in California? Any help would be very much appreciated!

glhs837

Power with Control
Lexington Park is sorta big. Ranges from areas you wouldnt want to randomly wander about at night to rural sections where the biggest threat is a deer bumping into you. Everything inside the red line is Lexington Park. If you say which complex we can guide you better.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
A question that's been posed numerous times. If you search past threads, you'll probably find useful info.

Scoudret

A question that's been posed numerous times. If you search past threads, you'll probably find useful info.
Thank you! I did try the search bar but didn’t come up with anything pertinent. Maybe I didn’t use the right search word?

Scoudret

Lexington Park is sorta big. Ranges from areas you wouldnt want to randomly wander about at night to rural sections where the biggest threat is a deer bumping into you. Everything inside the red line is Lexington Park. If you say which complex we can guide you better.

Thank you! I’m considering Abberly Crest in Lexington Park - or Settlers Landing in California . Wondering where most of the Navair people who are renting live??

View attachment 154301

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
Thank you! I did try the search bar but didn’t come up with anything pertinent. Maybe I didn’t use the right search word?
I know there are threads out there, but the only one I saw was from 2009. I can't seem to find the right keyword either....

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
If you typed something, It didnt make it, please try again.
It's embedded in the quote of yours they tried to respond to:

Thank you! I’m considering Abberly Crest in Lexington Park - or Settlers Landing in California . Wondering where most of the Navair people who are renting live??

Scoudret

Sorry- my reply got hidden in your message somehow. I’m new at this and sure thought I replied in the right way. Anyway I’m considering both Abberly Crest in Lex Park and Settlers Landing in California. Right now they are the only apartments with availability. Appreciate your thoughts!

glhs837

Power with Control

Both are fine. Coworker of mine liived in Abbery for years with no issues, Vrai lived in Settlers, I think, and thought it was great.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Sorry- my reply got hidden in your message somehow. I’m new at this and sure thought I replied in the right way. Anyway I’m considering both Abberly Crest in Lex Park and Settlers Landing in California. Right now they are the only apartments with availability. Appreciate your thoughts!
Settlers Landing

wubbles

Settler's Landing is across the street from our best liquor store (IMO). They also get Verizon FiOS which is much better than our local cable company (Atlantic Broadband). If you are working in at least a partial telework capacity, this is a big plus.

1stGenSMIB

wubbles, I'll agree on that being one of the nicer liquor stores, but they don't give anything away there ($$$$!!)
Also interesting that FiOS is even that far south!! Guess I haven't bothered to pay attention since moving to Calvert. I tried DSL over here for about 6 months and it was worse than St. Mary's DSL, so now I have Comcast over here.
+1 on on Settlers Landing over Abberly Crest. Not much near Abberly without driving, and Abberly is on the wrong side of Pax River NAS for all my preferred recreational activities (boats, sailing, boats, water, boats, bikes, boats). I guess you could bike down there, but it is more hilly (hillier??)
When I was between wives at the turn of the century, I rented one of the condos in the older sections of Wildewood (for the newbie, that is just the other side of Rt 4 from Settlers)..it was perfectly adequate and quiet, but I am sure not as nice and modern and fresh as the newer apts around town that have been built since then.

Welcome newbie.

Last edited:

Erk

Realizing it's out of the area you mentioned, but you might want to consider the Leonardtown area. Charming Mayberry RFD little town, with a commute to Pax that can be less from the outer bounds of LexPark area.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Realizing it's out of the area you mentioned, but you might want to consider the Leonardtown area. Charming Mayberry RFD little town, with a commute to Pax that can be less from the outer bounds of LexPark area.
Leonardtown has some nice places to eat and drink. Plus there are several good rental options in the town - walking distance to the square