Remember When....?

Hanna Barbara was the reason for watching Prime Time TV? The Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear.... all in prime time. Throw in all the comedy shows like Carol Burnett.

Just happened to think about that while watching the Flintstones on MeTV. Our tv programs sure have changed since the 60s.

GregV814

Hanna Barbara was the reason for watching Prime Time TV? The Flintstones, Jetsons, Yogi Bear.... all in prime time. Throw in all the comedy shows like Carol Burnett.

Just happened to think about that while watching the Flintstones on MeTV. Our tv programs sure have changed since the 60s.
Yup. In this day and age, imagine “mchales navy”, Hogan’s heroes, our gang, 3 stooges, hark!!? No diversity on huckleberry hound???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Modern TV is largely stupid and relies too much on sex and social issues. "Reality" TV is the most retarded of all, which just goes to show you can put anything on the idiot box, promote the crap out of it, and people will watch.

Monello and I binge watched The Andy Griffith Show and I'd forgotten how great that show was. Good wholesome family entertainment. Rocky and Bullwinkle holds up to this day - my grandson watches them on DVD.

mitzi

I remember well. I used to want to go inside from playing (in the summer) when the Flintstones were coming on. I even had a Pebbles doll. That time era had a lot of variety shows too.

Grumpy

:lol: Dialing up the Wayback Machine..Amos n Andy, Mickey Mouse Club, Captain Tugg, Mighty Mouse, Beany and Cecil, Captain Kangaroo, Leave It To Beaver..Merrie Melodies cartoons, Lassie..

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
I still watch, The Rifleman, Wanted Dead or Alive, Rawhide, McHales Navy, My Favorite Martian, How The West Was Won, SGT Preston....

All good family shows.

Grumpy

:lol: I spend more time watching MeTV than any other channel. Just watched an episode of Gilligan's Island. Had been recording episodes of Soap (that show still cracks me up)

CPUSA

I was thinking about when professional bowling was on Saturday Afternoon Sports just the other day...ya don't see that one anymore

Hessian

Wife & I just finished three seasons of a Brit drama-comedy semi-crime show: Hamish MacBeth (Scottish constable)...sort of Mayberry for rural Scots. It ran in the 1990's and is on Roku. Amusing,...no sex, no cussing, a few PG scenarios and yes,...you will need to have it captioned because the Brogue is pretty thick. Clever series.

GregV814

Clutch Cargo with the mouths.. Ranger Hal, PJ’s Club with funny company and Mr. Claw who drove an. XKE...

And wayyyy back was the Real McCoys with the immigrant share croppers..

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:gossip: Not nit-pickin' but...it's Hanna Barbera.

:biggrin:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Uh... yes you are. Mere technicality.

And the marionette shows like Fireball XL5. I REALLY miss saturday morning non-educational tv.

:whoosh:

I was joking with you!

Besides, Bar-BEAR-a is pronouced differently than Bar-ba-ra.

I should know. :dance: