Removing fake nails?

Cowgirl

A girl I know asked me how to remove her fake nails without going to the nail place. I have never had fake nails, so I didn't have an answer for her. Won't it leave her nails all nasty unless she gets it professionally done? :shrug:

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
She can soak them in pure acetone for a bit and then lift them off. You can check at Sally's to see if they have the nail tool, which they should, to pry them off.

She will want to buff out the ridges with a buffing block and then apply a nice ridge filler with a nail fortifying polish. It will help them look nice as they grow out.

missthang

Just Giving My Opinion
Use Acetone. Product is available at hair care supply stores, CVS, Target and Walmart. The process takes a long time. :coffee:

Pandora

Cowgirl said:
A girl I know asked me how to remove her fake nails without going to the nail place. I have never had fake nails, so I didn't have an answer for her. Won't it leave her nails all nasty unless she gets it professionally done? :shrug:

Jwwb gave excellent advice, but to save the wear and tear on the nails, I would suggest her method AFTER they have grown out a bit. You can nurse fake nails along without getting fills for about a month, then getting them off is easy peasy.

Cowgirl

Thanks all. I forwarded all the info to her. She got my email and replied back, "Oh no! That email was supposed to go to my sister!" :lol: Her sister and I have the same name. I was wondering why she was asking me.

Hello6

Princess of Mean
While you're talking about fake nails: How old do you think a girl should be when she gets her first set of professionally applied fake nails? Is it a cultural thing like piercing your fetus' earlobes?

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Could be...could be.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd never seen an 8 year old in a nail salon getting nails put on before. Her grandmamma was one of those rubenesque (pardon the spelling) women with her hair dyed bright traffic cone orange swirled into a demented bird's nest atop of her head, and what I could only venture a guess as the daddy was in silk shirt with silver tips on his alligator shoes, all nextelling each other within the confines of the Wal Mart Nail salon.

What purpose would fake nails serve on an 8 year old, who CLEARLY would not be in ANY position to be in a child's beauty show. This girl was round.

I was wondering if it's a cultural thing (meaning ghetto style)

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
Hello6 said:
Could be...could be.

The reason I'm asking is that I'd never seen an 8 year old in a nail salon getting nails put on before. Her grandmamma was one of those rubenesque (pardon the spelling) women with her hair dyed bright traffic cone orange swirled into a demented bird's nest atop of her head, and what I could only venture a guess as the daddy was in silk shirt with silver tips on his alligator shoes, all nextelling each other within the confines of the Wal Mart Nail salon.

What purpose would fake nails serve on an 8 year old, who CLEARLY would not be in ANY position to be in a child's beauty show. This girl was round.

I was wondering if it's a cultural thing (meaning ghetto style)

:roflmao: OK, this will tell you how long it's been since I've been in Walmart, but...does the Walmart in California have a nail salon? :confused: Just trying to figure out which Wally World it was before I attempt to answer the cultural question. :shrug:

Hello6

Princess of Mean
Sorry, it's a Wal Mart in Gulfport Mississippi. Isn't Ghettofabulous the same across the nation? I'd think Ghetto style Gulfport could be similar to Ghetto style DC.