Removing gov't funding from Planned Parenthood accomplished by - Planned Parenthood?

This_person

The years-long effort to defund Planned Parenthood may have finally succeeded, the Daily Beast reported over the weekend, because the nation’s leading abortion mill may refuse to take the money. A new rule prohibiting abortion counseling and referrals from Title X providers will remain in place, and Planned Parenthood management may refuse to participate as long as it does — which they have to decide today.
Despite years of fighting calls to “defund Planned Parenthood,” the reproductive healthcare organization may now voluntarily remove itself from a massive government funding program, after a federal appeals court allowed a controversial new abortion rule to go forward.

For months, Planned Parenthood has been battling a new Trump administration rule that bars taxpayer-funded family planning clinics from talking with their patients about abortion, or referring them to abortion providers. Planned Parenthood deemed the measure a “gag rule” and said it would pull out of Title X—the program that administers the funds—rather than comply with the new regulations. …

In a statement, Planned Parenthood leadership said they would consider their options and announce next steps on Monday. “We refuse to cower to this president,” acting PPFA President and CEO Alexis McGill Johnson said. “The gag rule is unethical, dangerous, and we will not subject our patients to it.”

This_person

WASHINGTON — Planned Parenthood said Monday it will withdraw from the federal Title X program that helps low-income people access contraception rather than comply with what it calls a new Trump administration “gag rule” that prohibits it from providing abortion referrals to those patients.

The announcement comes amid a protracted legal battle with the White House over changes to the nearly 50-year-old Title X program, which annually provides $286 million to health care providers to fund family planning services such as birth control. The administration required grantees to explain by Monday how they would comply with the new rule.

Couldn't happen to a nicer group of folks, in my opinion.

Fortunately, no one will be harmed by this as they have repeatedly said they do not need federal funding. Democrat candidates, who funnel money to this and similar groups to get it back in their campaign coffers, will likely be the only casualties.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Translation: they would rather be an abortion mill than a women's health care facility, which means the lie that the progs have been peddling - "Planned Parenthood is women's health care and abortion is only a small part of their service" - is now exposed once and for all by none other than PP itself.

Actually, I'm okay with their decision. Although it's cheaper to abort liberal fetuses than pay for their incarceration or other societal malfeasance later, I understand that a large number of people in this country do not want to fund infanticide. Planned Parenthood should be privately funded, especially since the taxpayers already provide medical benefits for poor people.

GregV814

Bunch of blood thirsty folks... even good old Ralph N. the gubbener of ole’ Virginny believes in abortion till the 46th week....We’ll, one way to look at it is less libs in 18 years....

black dog

Free America
Bunch of blood thirsty folks... even good old Ralph N. the gubbener of ole’ Virginny believes in abortion till the 46th week....We’ll, one way to look at it is less libs in 18 years....
You gotta be ****ing kidding me,,, because you believe republicans dont have abortions...

GregV814

I’m not the one coming unglued with unnecessary profanity...ya know, one that resorts to that kind of unraveling frustration and profanity is usually poorly educated and can’t deal with reality.

black dog

Free America
I’m not the one coming unglued with unnecessary profanity...ya know, one that resorts to that kind of unraveling frustration and profanity is usually poorly educated and can’t deal with reality.

Yeah that's it.... You got me,
I'm the ignorant wretch here........

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Yeah that's it.... You got me,
I'm the ignorant wretch here........

Well, you kind of are. GregV is frequently (almost always) sarcastic and ironic. The giveaway is the line about less libs in 18 years (because they'll have been aborted).

herb749

They let their mask slip when they fired Wenn, who wanted to spend more funds promoting women's health and not abortion.