Removing marker from a globe

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
I'm considering bidding on this to add to my globe collection...

Unfortunately, it has some markings on it.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get the marker off such a thing??? :confused:

BuddyLee

Football addict
sleuth said:
I'm considering bidding on this to add to my globe collection...

Unfortunately, it has some markings on it.
I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on how to get the marker off such a thing??? :confused:
Ask Janey about the magic eraser.:yay:

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
It looks like a VERY cheaply made globe. Because the coating is paper, it has probably absorbed the marker and therefore you're out of luck, I'm afraid. I'd wager the most valuable part is the brass stand.

Mikeinsmd

sleuth said:
I'm considering bidding on url=http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4360167810&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT]this[/url] to add to my globe collection... Unfortunately, it has some markings on it.
If not cloth, rubbing alcohol on paper towel.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Railroad said:
It looks like a VERY cheaply made globe. Because the coating is paper, it has probably absorbed the marker and therefore you're out of luck, I'm afraid. I'd wager the most valuable part is the brass stand.
Might not be worth much...
But I like globes that look old and vintage like that.

One of these days, I'm going to get myself educated about them so that I can know what's valuable and what's not.

Elle

Happy Camper!
Mr. Clean Magic Erasers work well on walls, not sure what type of paper this thing is coated with though.