Rent a private dock?

TurboK9

Being that I now have 2 boats, a go boat and a blow boat, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to look for a private dock for rent. Anyone have any idea what a fair rate would be for renting an unused private dock? My 24' sailboat is currently on one, but there isn't room enough for both boats. I'm paying $75 a month for the one side of the dock, and that actually seems a little steep to me as there is no power hookup and parking sucks, and I know I can get a marina slip for $1100 a year, which is about $90 a month...

I'd like to have the sailboat and the power boat on the same dock if I can swing it.

Being pretty new to the area still I don't know whether it's usually cheaper to rent someone's dock or get a marina slip, and I don't know what would be considered a fair price for a private dock... Thoughts? I'd rather not get two marina slips for $2200 for two old boats if I can do better.

Magnum

Should be Huntin
Being that I now have 2 boats, a go boat and a blow boat, I'm wondering if it wouldn't be a good idea to look for a private dock for rent. Anyone have any idea what a fair rate would be for renting an unused private dock? My 24' sailboat is currently on one, but there isn't room enough for both boats. I'm paying $75 a month for the one side of the dock, and that actually seems a little steep to me as there is no power hookup and parking sucks, and I know I can get a marina slip for $1100 a year, which is about $90 a month...

I'd like to have the sailboat and the power boat on the same dock if I can swing it.

Being pretty new to the area still I don't know whether it's usually cheaper to rent someone's dock or get a marina slip, and I don't know what would be considered a fair price for a private dock... Thoughts? I'd rather not get two marina slips for $2200 for two old boats if I can do better.

I own two boat slips at Port Tobacco Marina on the main drag as you head to the bar. They have power and water, they will even come pump out your tanks. Each slip has a 10'x 18' or 10x20 patch of grass that I own, I can build a deck or put a camper there or use it for picnics. I bought them a couple years ago, now I sold my boat and moved to WV..... I'll make you a good deal :lmao:

ignatius12

Depending on the size of the boats I am sure that you can get slips from Coltons Point Marina fairly inexpensively. There are two guys that just purchased that marina that are doing a good job renovating it.