Rent Pop-Up?

flyingdog

Is there any place to rent a pop-up? I think we would like to buy one - but I would like to try it out first - to figure out what we want, etc. Thanks for any input!

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
what type of pop-up? Like a over the picnic table type? I have 2 & 1 one has net walls that attach.

Tomcat

Anytime
I think they're talking about a camper? Skip the pop-up and go straight to a regular camper or motorhome (most end up moving from a pop-up to a camper anyways) There's a place called campingamerica.com or something like that that rents campers, but I'm not sure if they have pop-ups

Aerogal

USMC 1983-1995
Oh yeah - THAT kind of pop-up. If you're military, retired or govt Pax use to rent them. I don't now if they do anymore or not. You'd have to call MWR on base.

Mr & I have a 40 ft motor home. We started with a slide on, then a small motor home and then this biggie. We're going up to the big RV show at Hershey Park in Sept to check out the latest and greatest. One thing though - consider a resale (used) unit. Much cheaper and most are in almost new shape.

bcp

In My Opinion
Oh yeah - THAT kind of pop-up. If you're military, retired or govt Pax use to rent them. I don't now if they do anymore or not. You'd have to call MWR on base.

Mr & I have a 40 ft motor home. We started with a slide on, then a small motor home and then this biggie. We're going up to the big RV show at Hershey Park in Sept to check out the latest and greatest. One thing though - consider a resale (used) unit. Much cheaper and most are in almost new shape.

You should meet us all at the RV show in Timonium in September.

MD RV Show Super Sale Timonium Maryland State Fairgrounds | Motorhomes, travel trailers, fifth wheels, toy haulers and tent campers

We are going to be looking at the Fivers, and friends of ours will be looking at a unit that they can pull with their 1500.

EvolutionIsBS

Suspended User

Ten years or so ago they were $25 per day for pop-ups and you MUST have electric brakes on your tow vehicle.

:nomoney:

NextJen

Raisin cane
Is there any place to rent a pop-up? I think we would like to buy one - but I would like to try it out first - to figure out what we want, etc. Thanks for any input!

I had a pop-up years ago, and I know they have improved since I owned. Once we bought it, we wanted to move up to an enclosed travel trailer. I recommend that you check out the features of both, compare costs, and if you could swing it, and you can tow it...purchase the enclosed to start with. Just my opinion.

I would recommend Economy RV in Mechanicsville when you are ready to make a purchase.

Good luck!