Renting from the government

Property taxes?
Yeah... I remember starting an argument with my civics teacher when I corrected him as he was talking about owning property in America. I said citizens don't own property, we rent it. If we stop paying the taxes, we get evicted. Even if we are up to date on our 'rent' they can evict us or confiscate part of our land if they want it for other purposes. We spent the whole class in debate mode that day... :jet:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah... I remember starting an argument with my civics teacher when I corrected him as he was talking about owning property in America. I said citizens don't own property, we rent it. If we stop paying the taxes, we get evicted. Even if we are up to date on our 'rent' they can evict us or confiscate part of our land if they want it for other purposes. We spent the whole class in debate mode that day... :jet:

You trouble maker.

You trouble maker.
Oh I was trouble with a capital 'T'.... word.

:jet:

Then there was the time I didn't read the homework for English lit... Mr. Botorff was very disappointed. He had built his entire lesson plan around engaging me in conversation regarding my take of the chapter. He showed me the lesson plan and that's all it said... he had to wing it for the rest of the 1 1/2... I'm bad.. I know it. Word.

Last edited:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

Then there was the time I didn't read the homework for English lit... Mr. Botorff was very disappointed. He had built his entire lesson plan by engaging me in conversation regarding my take of the chapter. He showed me the lesson plan and that's all it said... he had to wing it for the rest of the 1 1/2... I'm bad.. I know it. Word.

:lol:

limblips

PREMO Member

Then there was the time I didn't read the homework for English lit... Mr. Botorff was very disappointed. He had built his entire lesson plan around engaging me in conversation regarding my take of the chapter. He showed me the lesson plan and that's all it said... he had to wing it for the rest of the 1 1/2... I'm bad.. I know it. Word.

Reminds me of the prof in anthropology 101 that told us suckling in mammals was a learned behavior. I asked him if he had ever witnessed a birth. He had not. I told him about watching puppies, kittens, calves, foals, lambs and other animals on our farm being born and how they instinctively went to their mothers teats. His response was that they learned to do that because that was where they received their food. I left college soon after and pursued a Navy career.

Last edited:
Reminds me of the prof in anthropology 101 that told us suckling in mammals was a learned behavior. I asked him if he had ever witnessed a birth. He had not. I told him about watching puppies, kittens, calves, foals, lambs and other animals on our farm being born and how they instinctively went to their mothers teats. His response was that they learned to do that because that was where they received their food. I left college soon after and pursued a Navy career.
My daughter attended VCU. She brought 43 credits with her (due to 4s & 5s on AP tests) which allowed her to focus on her two majors... math and chemistry. The few "enlightening" classes she was forced to take were painful for her because she soon realized logical debates were not up for discussion and you get marked down for expressing views that did not conform with the professors. Then once the "crying and coloring book" nooks were made available for students "in distress" she was completely disenchanted from what she believed her true 4 years of college should have been. She plans to MBA but will most likely do it online.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I LOVED Mr. Bottorf!

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My daughter attended VCU. She brought 43 credits with her (due to 4s & 5s on AP tests) which allowed her to focus on her two majors... math and chemistry. The few "enlightening" classes she was forced to take were painful for her because she soon realized logical debates were not up for discussion and you get marked down for expressing views that did not conform with the professors. Then once the "crying and coloring book" nooks were made available for students "in distress" she was completely disenchanted from what she believed her true 4 years of college should have been. She plans to MBA but will most likely do it online.

What, you mean she doesn't want to spend a fortune to get woke?

Anyway, I hope to never pay the government rent again. I'd rather pay rent to a campground that gives me a pool and activities and a fishing pond and stuff.

Anyway, I hope to never pay the government rent again. I'd rather pay rent to a campground that gives me a pool and activities and a fishing pond and stuff.
oh I hear ya. I'm not a nomad and our house/location is perfect for us so we will always be renting from MD.

black dog

Free America

Those out here on disability dont pay property taxes... It will really piss one off when you are paying your property taxes and the well dressed man in front of you turns in paperwork in front to become exempt from paying property taxes. And then he climbs into a new Cadillac in the parking lot.