Replacement for Picasa

I had to upgrade to Win 10, and just found out Google's Picasa product is no longer available. I've been using that for years. :ohwell: So I need a replacement program for Win 10. I do not use nor want cloud access, just a local storage and basic editing program. What is anyone using these days? is the Win 10 built-in photo program any good?

Yeah, read all that, thanx. Lots of posts about Picasa not working well with Win 10. I saw the alternative recommendations, but wanted to know what other folks here might be using.

Yooper

Up. Identified. Lase. Fire. On the way.
For really basic stuff, I just use Windows 10 Photos. But for more I've used GIMP. Open source. A bit of a learning curve, though.

--- End of line (MCP)

For really basic stuff, I just use Windows 10 Photos.

--- End of line (MCP)
I played with that a bit. Simple, easy. The only thing I see missing is a size reduce function. I like to reduce photos to 800 dpi before sending them.

Yooper

I played with that a bit. Simple, easy. The only thing I see missing is a size reduce function. I like to reduce photos to 800 dpi before sending them.
That function (or something close to what you want) is "hidden" under the "three dot" menu item in the upper right of the app.

--- End of line (MCP)

That function (or something close to what you want) is "hidden" under the "three dot" menu item in the upper right of the app.

--- End of line (MCP)
Ok, I did look there. Only thing I saw was crop. I'll look again.

Yooper

Ok, I did look there. Only thing I saw was crop. I'll look again.
The 3-dot on the far right gives you this menu.

--- End of line (MCP)

Found it and played with it a bit. Yeah, it works, but you're limited to one photo at a time, can't reduce and save a bunch at once. Picasa was great that way.

Decided to try Picasa regardless of the issues others had. Seems to be working perfectly.

Thanx to all for your suggestions. :yay:

Now I just have to find all my photos from various sources and reload them. I had done a backup last September, so I recovered everything up to that point, and the rest are still on my phone. I should be good.