Report: Rural Democrat Candidates Stop Using Party Affiliation in Ads

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Democrats running for elected office in the House and Senate from rural America are starting to depart from using party identification in their ads in hopes of attracting more voters.

This means many candidates for office are running against the platform of their own party, according to Axios. Since the 2020 election, the Democrats in both chambers of Congress have had a wafer-thin majority, and the Republicans are looking to overtake them in the fast-approaching midterms next year.

Reactions: BOP

Hijinx

They may run against Democrat platforms , but once elected they will become a part of the Democrat cult.
Leopards don't change their spots and hiding their party affiliation during their run is only a testament to their perfidy.

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
I've been noticing even on our local stations, political ads run minus party affiliation.

SamSpade

Have to admit, when I saw Youngkin's ads on the TV, I did assume he was a Democrat, simply because of that reason - that his first remarks were to ask voters if they would want to vote for a PERSON rather than the PARTY.

I had to look him up. I don't remember his party being mentioned in the ad.

BOP

Democrats running for elected office in the House and Senate from rural America are starting to depart from using party identification in their ads in hopes of attracting more voters.

This means many candidates for office are running against the platform of their own party, according to Axios. Since the 2020 election, the Democrats in both chambers of Congress have had a wafer-thin majority, and the Republicans are looking to overtake them in the fast-approaching midterms next year.

The spineless Republican'ts won't hammer on it, either.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
They will certainly have their affiliation on the ballot and that will be my cue to not vote for anyone with a D.

Who watches those campaign ads anyway and goes, "Yeah! That guy I never heard of is for a bunch of stuff I like and he has an American flag in the back ground! I'ma vote for that guy!"? Or better yet: "Huh, that guy says the other guy is a crook! I certainly don't wanna vote for no crook!"

Campaign ads are nothing but turd polishers for dumb people. We have the freaking internet. Information about candidates is literally a few finger taps away. I feel like we should be more sophisticated at this point in our evolution and not be swayed by advertising campaigns anymore.

Whenever I see a campaign ad slamming the opponent, I go, "I wonder if that's true?" And a few seconds later I have the answer.

jrt_ms1995

Who watches those campaign ads anyway and goes, "Yeah! That guy I never heard of is for a bunch of stuff I like and he has an American flag in the back ground! I'ma vote for that guy!"? Or better yet: "Huh, that guy says the other guy is a crook! I certainly don't wanna vote for no crook!"
About half the nation (and I'm being generous here).