Republican Businessman facing Death Threats in Ohio because of Trump/Vance

StmarysCity79

A fifth-generation resident in the small city between Columbus and Dayton, Mr. McGregor a life long republican was struggling a few years ago to fill positions for machine operators, forklift drivers and quality inspectors, Mr. McGregor, 48, began hiring Haitians who had recently settled in Springfield. They now represent about 10 percent of McGregor Metal’s labor force of 330.

“They come to work every day. They don’t cause drama. They’re on time,” he told The New York Times in an interview in early September that helped trigger the backlash. On PBS News Hour the next week, he noted that they were drug-free. “I wish I had 30 more,” he said.

A lifelong Republican who voted twice for Mr. Trump, Mr. McGregor said that he had never imagined that speaking up on behalf of his workers would imperil his family.

They came by the hundreds — phone calls, emails and letters from white supremacists, neo-Nazis and other people they had never met.
“The owner of McGregor Metal can take a bullet to the skull and that would be 100 percent justified,” said one message left on the company voice mail.
“Why are you importing Third World savages who eat animals and giving them jobs over United States citizens?” another asked.

“Stack all 20,000 Haitians inside Jamie McGregor’s factory at once and force him to praise the benefits of foreign labor while being crushed to death by Black bodies themselves being crushed to death,” another said.
Mr. McGregor’s children and his 80-year-old mother began receiving hateful calls.
“We’re being hunted like animals,” Mr. McGregor’s wife, Cameron, said.

PJay

Screenshot_20240930-105249.png

gemma_rae

A fifth-generation resident in the small city between Columbus and Dayton, Mr. McGregor a life long republican was struggling a few years ago to fill positions for machine operators, forklift drivers and quality inspectors, Mr. McGregor, 48, began hiring Haitians who had recently settled in Springfield. They now represent about 10 percent of McGregor Metal’s labor force of 330.

“They come to work every day. They don’t cause drama. They’re on time,” he told The New York Times in an interview in early September that helped trigger the backlash. On PBS News Hour the next week, he noted that they were drug-free. “I wish I had 30 more,” he said.

A lifelong Republican who voted twice for Mr. Trump, Mr. McGregor said that he had never imagined that speaking up on behalf of his workers would imperil his family.
False.png

Clem72

They came by the hundreds — phone calls, emails and letters from white supremacists, neo-Nazis and other people they had never met.
“The owner of McGregor Metal can take a bullet to the skull and that would be 100 percent justified,” said one message left on the company voice mail.
“Why are you importing Third World savages who eat animals and giving them jobs over United States citizens?” another asked.

“Stack all 20,000 Haitians inside Jamie McGregor’s factory at once and force him to praise the benefits of foreign labor while being crushed to death by Black bodies themselves being crushed to death,” another said.
Mr. McGregor’s children and his 80-year-old mother began receiving hateful calls.
“We’re being hunted like animals,” Mr. McGregor’s wife, Cameron, said.

Business owners hiring cheap labor, news at 11.