Republican Matt Gaetz Drops In On Impeachment Deposition, Gets Kicked Out, Calls Schiff A Liar

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
“So this morning we see further evidence that Adam Schiff’s clown show of an impeachment proceeding continues,” Gaetz told the press in video posted by The Hill (below). “Adam Schiff lied when he said that he and his team had not had contact with the whistleblower. He lied when he read a false transcript into the record as chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.”

“Today, when the Intelligence Committee and other committees were meeting to examine witnesses, I appeared just to participate, just to observe as a member of Congress, as a member of the Judiciary Committee,” Gaetz said. “Traditionally the Judiciary Committee has jurisdiction over impeachment. If Adam Schiff and House Democrats were so proud of their work, they would be willing to show it. Consistently, Republicans have come out of each and every one of these depositions and we’ve sought for a release of the transcript — for the American people to see more. So I guess the question is: Why is Adam Schiff trying to run a kangaroo court? Why is he continuing to limit access to evidence, limit access even from members of Congress?”

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...eposition-gets-kicked-out-calls-schiff-a-liar

transporter

Figured you would post a propagandist POS...and I was right.
Gaetz, who sits on the House Judiciary Committee, attempted to attend the testimony of Fiona Hill, a former deputy assistant to the president, but was told that because he was not a member of the House Intelligence Committee that he had to leave. The House Intelligence, Oversight and Foreign Affairs committees are conducting the impeachment inquiry into Trump.

Republican congressman Matt Gaetz, an outspoken defender of Trump, was asked to leave the closed session about an hour into Hill’s testimony. Gaetz is not a member of any of the three House committees conducting the impeachment inquiry and Gaetz told reporters the House parliamentarian said he could not attend.

Gaetz isn't a member of the committee that was in session or any of the committees that are pursuing the impeachment inquiry. Period. End of discussion.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Figured you would post a propagandist POS ... and I was right.

Fantasy, Supposition, Innuendo, ASSUMPTION

Anyone or Anything that does not conform to YOUR World View is Either Ignorant, Uneducated, Selfish or Propaganda ..... or a Russian From Minsk

Look in the Mirror

Every post you make is against anyone or any group that doesn't conform to your propagandist viewpoints.

SamSpade

Gaetz is a member of the House Judiciary Committee - which not only has in the past conducted impeachment hearings, but Nadler (head of the committee) announced it as so - that Judiciary Committee began them.

For reasons I don't know - the House Intelligence Committee has taken over. So I guess they don't want non-members in there.
Except they allowed Nadler in, anyway.

Go figure.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Gaetz is a member of the House Judiciary Committee - which not only has in the past conducted impeachment hearings, but Nadler (head of the committee) announced it as so - that Judiciary Committee began them.

For reasons I don't know - the House Intelligence Committee has taken over. So I guess they don't want non-members in there.
Except they allowed Nadler in, anyway.

Go figure.
They just don't want republicans in the "process". From what I understand the minority party cannot call witnesses to testify.
They are running it like a grand jury, which is basically a one sided quest for the prosecution. When you think you know someone's not clean and you have exhausted all legal investigative means, you call a grand jury. There you can compel witnesses to testify under threat of contempt of court.
The prosecution is the only person asking questions of the witness, so they get to control the narrative. Since nobody is actually accused of a crime there is no recourse to have cross examination, witnesses for the defense, discovery, or any of the constitutional guarantees of a "fair trial".

The long held thought on a grand jury is you have to be a really bad prosecutor to not get an indictment from a grand jury.
Schift is the prosecutor, impeachment is the indictment.