Republican Rep. Stefanik Finally Allowed To Question Yovanovitch, And It’s Highly Effective

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Stefanik also had Yovanovitch confirm that “the Obama administration’s State Department prepped her for her ambassadorial confirmation process in part by grilling her about Hunter Biden’s position with Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company who paid the former vice president’s son $50,000 a month,” the Post noted.

“For the millions of Americans watching,” Rep. Stefanik said, “President Obama’s own State Department was so concerned about potential conflicts of interest from Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma that they raised it themselves while prepping this wonderful ambassador nominee before her conformation.”

“And yet our democratic colleagues and the chairman of this committee cry foul when we dare ask that same wurytion that the Obama administration was so concerned about,” Stefanik added. “But we will continue asking.”

[clip]

“During the hearing, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) yielded his time to Stefanik who started to question Yovanovitch before being cut off by Schiff,” The Daily Wire reported. Here’s that exchange:

Nunes: I know Ms. Stefanik you had a few quick questions for the ambassador. I yield to you Ms. Stefanik.
Stefanik: Thank you, Mr. Nunes. Ambassador Yovanovitch–
Schiff: The gentlewoman will suspend. The gentlewoman will suspend.
Stefanik: What is the interruption for this time?
Schiff: The gentlewoman will suspend, you’re not recognized. Mr. Nunes–
Nunes: I just recognized Ms. Stefanik.
Schiff: Under the House Res. 660 you are not allowed to yield time except to counsel.
Stefanik: The ranking member to another member of Congress.
Schiff: Nope, nope. That is not accurate.
Nunes: You’re gagging the gentlewoman from New York?
Stefank: That is accurate. Ambassador Yovanovitch I want to thank you for being here today–
Schiff: The gentlewoman will suspend, you’re not recognized.
Stefanik: This is the fifth time that you have elected members of Congress, duly-elected members of Congress–
Schiff: The gentlewoman will suspend.
Nunes: Mr. Chair, we control the time and customary to this committee, who ever controls the time can yield to whoever they wish. If we have members of Congress who have a few questions, it seems appropriate that we would let Ms. Stefanik ask her question.
Schiff: Mr. Nunes, you or minority counsel are recognized.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...question-yovanovitch-and-its-highly-effective

Hijinx

This thing gets to be more of a joke every day.
Only fools cannot see what is going on.

Perhaps the democrats that have been elected to the House are fools, but I hope those who voted them in there are not.
They mad a mistake that they need to rectify in 2020

Hijinx

Obama wanted Yavonovitch to stay as Ambassador so badly that he had her coached as to her answers to any questions asked about Bidens son.

Wow
What does that say about her loyalty to President trump?

transporter

Obama wanted Yavonovitch to stay as Ambassador so badly that he had her coached as to her answers to any questions asked about Bidens son.

Wow
What does that say about her loyalty to President trump?

The entire Republican side praised Yavonovitch for her service, her dedication, her excellence. Trump proclaims to have surrounded himself with top notch people.

So Hijinx why did Trump remove her? Why did he smear her to the newly elected Ukrainian president?

A President is within his duty to replace an Ambassador...that is not in dispute. Nor is it relevant. WHY was she forced to leave on the day on the newly elected Presidents inauguration???

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
A President is within his duty to replace an Ambassador...that is not in dispute. Nor is it relevant. WHY was she forced to leave on the day on the newly elected Presidents inauguration???

Probably because she's a whiny little bitch who almost certainly blew her way into that ambassadorship. She was an incompetent boob, then she actually cried like an infant in her closed door testimony, now she sitting there on live TV sobbing about how intimated she is because Trump freaking tweeted about her.

Why?? :cds: WHY!!! WHY did Trump fire her!!!! :tantrum:

:rolleyes:

And what's more the Dembots know she's an incompetent retard because they were all over this, "OH HOW! could Trump have picked on this poor little helpless baby???" Some foreign diplomat, eh? Don't we want our ambassadors to be helpless crybabies?

She's pissed because she got fired for incompetence. She admitted today that she didn't know jack crap about Trump's call or anything else, so why is she even there? Answer: to act like an immature ass and cry "Orange man bad!" That's why Schiff wouldn't let Elise Stefanik speak - because he's wallowing in the optics of all these mean men picking on this poor widdle ambassador lady.

Give me a freaking break.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Probably because she's a whiny little bitch who almost certainly blew her way into that ambassadorship. She was an incompetent boob, then she actually cried like an infant in her closed door testimony, now she sitting there on live TV sobbing about how intimated she is because Trump freaking tweeted about her.

Why?? :cds: WHY!!! WHY did Trump fire her!!!! :tantrum:

:rolleyes:

And what's more the Dembots know she's an incompetent retard because they were all over this, "OH HOW! could Trump have picked on this poor little helpless baby???" Some foreign diplomat, eh? Don't we want our ambassadors to be helpless crybabies?

She's pissed because she got fired for incompetence. She admitted today that she didn't know jack crap about Trump's call or anything else, so why is she even there? Answer: to act like an immature ass and cry "Orange man bad!" That's why Schiff wouldn't let Elise Stefanik speak - because he's wallowing in the optics of all these mean men picking on this poor widdle ambassador lady.

Give me a freaking break.

Yeah, you right. It is going to get worse, before it gets better. Hang in there President Trump; pun intended. God bless the USA.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
B. Nothing here is an attack on the process.

I'll attack the process because it's bullshit. This isn't even a real impeachment hearing - it's just an "inquiry" aka "dog and pony show". Day 2 of "witnesses" who didn't witness a single thing. Schiff needs to be impeached himself for wasting our time and money on this nonsense.

BOP

Stefanik also had Yovanovitch confirm that “the Obama administration’s State Department prepped her for her ambassadorial confirmation process in part by grilling her about Hunter Biden’s position with Burisma, a Ukrainian energy company who paid the former vice president’s son $50,000 a month,” the Post noted.

“For the millions of Americans watching,” Rep. Stefanik said, “President Obama’s own State Department was so concerned about potential conflicts of interest from Hunter Biden’s role at Burisma that they raised it themselves while prepping this wonderful ambassador nominee before her conformation.”

“And yet our democratic colleagues and the chairman of this committee cry foul when we dare ask that same wurytion that the Obama administration was so concerned about,” Stefanik added. “But we will continue asking.”

[clip]

“During the hearing, Rep. Devin Nunes (R-CA) yielded his time to Stefanik who started to question Yovanovitch before being cut off by Schiff,” The Daily Wire reported. Here’s that exchange:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watc...question-yovanovitch-and-its-highly-effective
"Wonderful ambassador nominee"? Really, that's what they're going with? The only qualifications required to be an ambassador under Obama, beyond having a pulse and fogging a mirror:
  1. not W's appointee
  2. donated heavily to the Obama campaign

That's it, and that's how over 40 of the previous ambassadors got dismissed and Obama's choices installed.

This_person

I'll attack the process because it's bullshit. This isn't even a real impeachment hearing - it's just an "inquiry" aka "dog and pony show". Day 2 of "witnesses" who didn't witness a single thing. Schiff needs to be impeached himself for wasting our time and money on this nonsense.
No doubt. But, what Tranny was responding to, talking about, was not an attack.

Rommey

I think this sums it up:
Eric Golub
November 15 at 12:33 PM
Adam Schiff today conceded that President Trump has the right to fire any ambassador at any time for any reason, but then asked, “but why would he want to?”
This is a variation of “Just give me an explanation.”
Here is how Trump should respond:
“Fck you & your fcking demands for an explanation! I don’t owe you an explanation! She worked for me. I fired her. Why? Because I can! Because I f*cking felt like it! Because she wore blue on a day I decided everyone should wear red. Because she ordered Diet Pepsi with a meal instead of Diet Coke.
Get it through your big bulging eyes, Adam, I’ll run my department however I fcking see fit! I’ll tell you what I told my children. Because I’m in charge and you’re not, that’s why! Now sit the fck down and shut up!”
If Schiff cannot handle this measured response, Trump should get angry.
This is why I’m not a press secretary. I lack the patience when it’s not deserved.
Trump should fire a bunch of career diplomats today just for fun. They’re dead weight anyway.
eric @ Tygrrrr Express