Request farrier prices

Goatlady

Hi everybody,

I have been interviewing for a new farrier and find a varied range in their prices just want to see what the going rate is for simple trims.
Prices have been from 25-35$ per horse the closer you live to the farrier the closer the price would seem to be to the $25 but then again the one I like said the average trim is 40$.

What kind of prices do you all get?
how far away is your farrier?
how many horses do you have?

I live in Northern Calvert close to the Anne Arundel line my last two farriers one lived in upper Marlboro and one in Ft Washington and one in Sunderland all charged 25.00 Deale and Owings which are closer charge 35.00 and yet A guy in Port Republic was willing to come all the way to me for 35.00.

Thanks,

GoatLady

Robin

Hi everybody,

I have been interviewing for a new farrier and find a varied range in their prices just want to see what the going rate is for simple trims.
Prices have been from 25-35$ per horse the closer you live to the farrier the closer the price would seem to be to the $25 but then again the one I like said the average trim is 40$.

What kind of prices do you all get?
how far away is your farrier?
how many horses do you have?

I live in Northern Calvert close to the Anne Arundel line my last two farriers one lived in upper Marlboro and one in Ft Washington and one in Sunderland all charged 25.00 Deale and Owings which are closer charge 35.00 and yet A guy in Port Republic was willing to come all the way to me for 35.00.

Thanks,

GoatLady
are you trimming goats or horses. I know the area up there has some real nice barns and I know of 1 farrier that is 45 a trim on horses.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
My farriers love me..Yes I have 2..I could tell you what they charge me but then I would have to kill you sorry... :huggy:

But your prices are right in the ball park... :buddies:

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
uh....and how do you get such discounts??:jerry:

:buttkiss: plus I have all mine on a 4 week schedule but Roger was on 2 weeks..he is on 4 weeks now because of shoes..I pay $60 for fronts so that is about norm..charged me $50 last night but he did not touch the backs..I gave him $55..

natbugs

I pay $35 for trims and $80 for steel on the front and my girl gets $90 aluminum on the front.....

W

WhoCares

Mine are 75 for a trim, and two front shoes. He is done every 5 weeks right now.

Robin

My New girl gets aluminum on the front lite steel on the rear 125.00 all fours
we have the other girl front shoes and a trim 80.00

DQ2B

Glad you got all the bucks..you do them every 4-5 weeks??

I have the trimmer come every 6 or 7 weeks and I still do whatever trimming is neccessary inbetween that timeframe. So i guess considering that you're on about every 4 weeks I'm probably not paying any more or much more.

Last edited: