Pet Adoption Rescue Time Again.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
So, after many years away from the foster/rescue scene we plunged back in today.
Both of these girls were found a week apart in the same area.
Three months old and both have demodectic mange. It's not contagious and it's certainly not keeping them down.
They will be available through the Calvert Humane Society.
This should be fun.

Attachments

littlelady

God bless the USA
How wonderful of y’all. They are adorable! I’m sure it won’t take long for them to find their forever home(s). We acquired a feral cat, and decided to keep him. He, obviously, was the runt, is small, and a year old according to the vet. He is the most lovingest kitty I have ever had; since my first kitty that I found in a tree when I was ten in NOLA. She lived to be 21. Her name was Kitty.

Last edited:

frequentflier

happy to be living
So, after many years away from the foster/rescue scene we plunged back in today.
Both of these girls were found a week apart in the same area.
Three months old and both have demodectic mange. It's not contagious and it's certainly not keeping them down.
They will be available through the Calvert Humane Society.
This should be fun.
Good for you! Good for them! Bring them to the adoption events when they are ready!

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Good for you! Good for them! Bring them to the adoption events when they are ready!
That's our plan.
It may be a while. They have to heal up and grow some hair before they're even spayed.
They're like little pigs right now.

Attachments

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Thanks to my wife's care, the redness and itching has subsided.
Their hair growth is improving.
Both are doing really well.

Attachments

littlelady

God bless the USA
That is amazing how much they have improved. Good on y’all. Now, I know where the ‘you lucky dog’ saying came from. :)

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Tomorrow will be three weeks.
Have to give credit to my better half. She's going above and beyond and it's paying off.
Hoping to start showing them soon.
Precious poopies! Would love if you would post more of your music. 😄

Last edited:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
Crate and potty training has been going well and each have a few commands between them.
Both are quite affectionate, love people and do okay with other dogs.
Emma and Molly will be at the Calvert Humane Society facility this Saturday if anyone would like to meet them.

Attachments

NextJen

PREMO Member
It's great to know that there are folks like you and your wife that have such big hearts to take in these animals and work so much with them. Those babies look so much better, and I know they have to feel so much better too. Thank you for the love and care you have given them.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Crate and potty training has been going well and each have a few commands between them.
Both are quite affectionate, love people and do okay with other dogs.
Emma and Molly will be at the Calvert Humane Society facility this Saturday if anyone would like to meet them.
Love the pics; especially, the first one with the ear. Like many have said, y’all are awesome. It is amazing to see the transformation of the poopies. Two lucky dogs.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
It's great to know that there are folks like you and your wife that have such big hearts to take in these animals and work so much with them. Those babies look so much better, and I know they have to feel so much better too. Thank you for the love and care you have given them.
Thanks.
My wife deserves the vast majority of the credit.
My only real contribution is playing with them.

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
It was a long day but they did really well.
Met and kissed on lots of new faces today.
Ended with some chill time in the hammock.

Attachments

littlelady

God bless the USA
It was a long day but they did really well.
Met and kissed on lots of new faces today.
Ended with some chill time in the hammock.
They are both adorable, and if I could, I would take the brindle with the long ears. So cute!

Last edited:

wharf rat

Smilin on a cloudy day
They are both adorable, and if I could, I would take the one with the long ears. So cute!
We've heard that at almost every step of the way.
At least 25 times today..."Those Ears!"

Wanted to share this as well.
We were in the room today when this adoption was being processed.
This lady had the best personality and that was one lucky dog getting ready to leave.
Look at that picture.

Attachments