Restaurants near Point Lookout

Otter

Nothing to see here
Anyone have recommendations for restaurants down near Pt. Lookout, taking a ride down that way this afternoon(8/3) and will probably have dinner. Thx

Otter

Nothing to see here
Ended up eating at Oakwood Lodge off of Piney Pt Rd....Seemed to me it has gotten mixed reviews over the years here but we were pleased with the service and food..Definitely would go back.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Otter,

I've always enjoyed the Oakwood Lodge but didn't consider that near Point Lookout. Guess it's all relative. Another place that I think is pretty good is the Willow's Restaurant near Leonardtown, as it is probably equally as near. They do a great prime rib and the crabcakes are excellent too.

Otter

Nothing to see here
You're right, Ken, I should have just asked for decent places in St. Mary's...We've been to the Willows on a number of occasions and have always enjoyed it, but wanted to try some place we haven't tried. We were just driving and exploring, think the wife wants to sell now and move to St. George's Island...Really hadn't been in that part of St. Mary's since the late 60s when I used to come down to Tall Timbers with some friends that played in a dance hall there.

pilot

I'm a big fan of Courtney's (just outside of Ridge). Fish is what they're known for. The owner catches the fish himself. Everything including bread and desert is freshly made.

It's definitely not upscale, but I can't think of a better place to have fish. When my parents come to visit (from Chicago), that's where they want to go.

FIREMAN

Otter,
Since you down in the area. I would like to recommend Dennis Point Marinia's Still Anchors resturant. There only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday after 5p.m. But they have good food. Turn left at the Valley Lee Firehouse and follow the signs

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
I like Courtney's, too. Ignore the decor, the fish is great! Schieble's is good too. A little further north, Mattie's on Route 235 has a good selection of seafood and non-seafood dinners.

pilot

Where is the Valley Lee firehouse? (better take me from Rt. 5/235). What sorts of things do they have on the menu? I'm not into crab.