Restaurants open on Christmas

ms_mj

We are considering going to out to a restaurant for Christmas dinner this year. I have been searching for nicer restaurants but so far can only come up with McCormik and Schmicks. Has anyone heard of any others who will be open. We are willing to go to DC or Annapolis.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
Aren't all Chinese restaurants open on Christmas day? Or maybe I just think of that from "A Christmas Story".

Beta84

They're out to get us
Aren't all Chinese restaurants open on Christmas day? Or maybe I just think of that from "A Christmas Story".

Asian restaurants are typically open Christmas eve, Christmas day, or both. That and the movies are the only things for us jews to do :yay:

PF Changs isn't. May just end up cooking dinner at home.

yeah -- they're not Chinese. They're mega-commercialized chainfood Chinese.

dan0623_2000

I suggest you go out to dinner the day after Christmas and let the service industry people have a day off to spend with their families. Now if you are willing to pay triple the cost of your meal then I am sure they will accomonadate you.

Beta84

They're out to get us
I suggest you go out to dinner the day after Christmas and let the service industry people have a day off to spend with their families. Now if you are willing to pay triple the cost of your meal then I am sure they will accomonadate you.

1) not everyone is Christian so it's not like everyone is taking Christmas to spend with their families. Asian restaurants are a good example of this.
2) the question was who is actually open, not who would be willing to open up so they could drag their family in and cook just for them.

:dork:

ms_mj

Thank you for your suggestion. Have a very Merry Christmas!

lilbitz

1) not everyone is Christian so it's not like everyone is taking Christmas to spend with their families. Asian restaurants are a good example of this.
2) the question was who is actually open, not who would be willing to open up so they could drag their family in and cook just for them.

HAPPY HANUKAH!!!!

Beta84

They're out to get us
I think Ruby Tuesday is going to be open. I saw something about a ticket stub and get a free something or other.

if you go to the movies and then go to Ruby Tuesday and present your ticket stub you get 10% off. I think that's a Tuesday special.

Mama_Mia08

I think people should be with their families on x-mas. However, they shouldn't be in the service industry if working on holidays is an inconvenience. I had to work every other holiday years ago when I worked in a retirement home. My family worked around my schedule.

I know TGI Fridays is open 5P-10P in Waldorf. So far, that's all I can find. Other then the Holiday Inn and the place at the Hilton in Solomons. Personally, we weren't impressed when we ate there on Easter. We are also looking for some place to go out today for dinner. Our oldest is away and it is just my husband, 1 yr. old, and I today. We already celebrated our family x-mas last weekend. Not everyone celebrates x-mas on x-mas or even at all. It would be nice if some restaurants would have at least limited hours.

Anyone know if Applebees is open today at all?

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
McCormick & Schmicks is awesome! I used to eat there all the time when I worked in DC. Definitely worth the trip!

pearlie369

UnStAbLe YeT sAfE

Ok I work for a vet hospital and actually I have to work today and do you think people pay extra for me to go to work, or even tip me? No. Do I cry and get upset, no. It's my job and I knew the details going in If someone has an issue with their job or hours then they need to find a new job and stop whinning or be happy with the fact that they have a job right now.

Now since I work today I will be looking for a resturant to eat at tonight since I will be unable to have dinner with my family. Is there an issue with me expecting one to also make thier employees work today so I can eat dinner before midnight? I'm SO glad you can have a nice dinner at home, some of us don't have too many options. Think before you type.