Retired Racehorse Training Project to Debut in Mar

CountryLady

luvmyponies
Retired Racehorse Training Project to Debut in Maryland

Both the Maryland Jockey Club and the Maryland Horse Breeders Association are supporting a new project to train Maryland riders to work with ex-racehorses.

Maryland trainer Steuart Pittman, Jr. of Dodon Farm in Davidsonville is kicking off the Retired Racehorse Training Project on October 4, with a ticketed event at Maryland Therapeutic Riding in Crownsville.

Read more
The Horse | Retired Racehorse Training Project to Debut in Maryland

:yahoo:

devinej

whoo hooo yes!! please come on sunday to steuart's ottb training symposium. it will be fun. you'll get to see fresh track horses, first year off the track, and onward, plus the awesome ottb stallion Salute the Truth who has competed successfully at advanced level in eventing, plus had many successful offspring.

Retired Racehorse Training Symposium

paintedpony1234

Horsey Girl
conflict

saw it advertised in the practical horseman and got the invite from Steuart, but I will be taking our OTTBs to Bobby's jumper show.. i would be too tempted to come home with another project

hope he has a follow on one later in winter once the show season slows down..

have fun!! looks like a great learning experience

Close to 250 people registered at last count! He's been getting requests to do them all over the country - California, Chicago, Florida...:dye:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Close to 250 people registered at last count! He's been getting requests to do them all over the country - California, Chicago, Florida...:dye:

Do you have room for more. It said spaces were limited on your site? Do you recommend bring you own chair?

That is so exciting to see so many people getting interested in the OTTB again. Stuart and others like him are great ambassador for this wonderful breed!!!:dye:

I just love the OTTB I got from the track in May of 08'. She was a bit of the girl in the bubble for awhile, but has really turned out well. When she goes to different shows or encounters new situation she approaches it with curiousity and interest. Bringing her along has been so much fun and now she is adjusting well to new riders when I teach lessons on her. TB's aren't for everyone, but with the proper guidance from knowledgeable horse people they make the change from life of the track just great!!!

Last edited: