Revelation 16 First Bowl - Boils

seekeroftruth

Revelation 16:1 Then I heard a loud voice from the temple saying to the seven angels, “Go, pour out the seven bowls of God’s wrath on the earth.”

2 The first angel went and poured out his bowl on the land, and ugly, festering sores broke out on the people who had the mark of the beast and worshiped its image.​

Now remember.... everyone... absolutely everyone who will make a choice to accept Jesus Christ as their Savior is gone. God controls time... so He knows the decisions humans will make before they are created. Absolutely everyone who is getting these boils has chosen to take the dragon stamp.

Well let's see what amazingdiscoveries.org offers for clarification.

The Seven Last Plagues: These seven angels are messengers of wrath bringing pain and destruction. Like the plagues God loosed on ancient Egypt (Exodus 7:19-12:30) when they persecuted His people, so these seven last plagues are poured out upon those who seek to harm the Lord’s faithful saints at the end of time. These plagues are not universal, or man would perish from the earth. They will, however, be the worst disasters this world has ever known as God’s wrath is poured out unmixed with mercy.

The 1st Plague—Sores on the Worshipers of the Beast: These painful sores do not fall upon God’s people, but unto many of the inhabitants of the earth who have the mark of the beast. The “miracle working power” of the beast (Revelation 13:14) is helpless to heal its followers of this plague.​

This is from revelationcommentary.org.

So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth; and (2) it became a loathsome and malignant sore (3) on the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image.

1. So the first angel went and poured out his bowl on the earth = signals the beginning of the final phase of God’s wrath.

2. It became a loathsome and malignant sore = indicates the impact of the first bowl. Similar to the boils upon the Egyptians during the great exodus, God will again send sores. The plague of sores on the Egyptians was the first plague to actually threaten the life of the Egyptians. However, there is no indication that life is threatened by the sores. The purpose of the sores seems to be unparalleled suffering.

3. On the people who had the mark of the beast and who worshiped his image = clearly indicates who is the target of the first bowl judgment. The beast-marked worshipers are the target of the first bowl judgment. The Greek says literally, "upon the men." Clearly, "men" is used in a generic sense. For women and children are not excluded from the punishment of God for taking the mark.​

Finally, this is from discoverrevelation.com.

The First Vial Judgment. Foul and loathsome sore. When men choose to worship Antichrist rather than Christ and demonstrate their allegiance by accepting the mark of the beast, God responds by sending on them a plague of "a noisome and grievous sore”. John makes it clear that these awful sores afflict only those who worship the Antichrist and who have accepted the mark of the Beast; no Tribulation saint suffers from them.

The Septuagint (LXX), uses the same Greek word to describe the boils that plagued the Egyptians (Exodus 9:9-11), and afflicted Job (Job 2:7). In the New Testament, it describes the open sores that covered the beggar Lazarus (Luke 16:21). All over the world, people will be afflicted with incurable, open, oozing sores.

Now before someone goes there.... let me just clear up one little misconception I have heard whispered about.... Squamous Cell is not a boil. It's not painful. It is ugly. It is cancer. It does spread if it isn't properly diagnosed. It's not the mark of the beast and it's not an end times boil.

These verses clearly state that this bowl is meant for everyone who has taken the dragon stamp [666]. The dragon stamp hasn't happened yet in our modern day. This is prophesy.... not history or current events... this is prophesy.

If you look at Exodus 9:9-11, there was a fine dust that spread the boils in Egypt. I wonder... after all the earthquakes, meteorite showers, meteors and other fabulous natural wonders wiped out the vegetation.... wouldn't the earth dry to powder? Wouldn't the slightest breeze stir up a malignant boil spreading cyclone?

In Arizona there is an ailment called Valley Fever. My daughter's dog got it and it paralyzed his hind quarters. My daughter's vet had a cure but it was expensive and scary. Humans get it too! It's a fungal infection caused by coccidioides (kok-sid-e-OY-deze) organisms. They say the fungus can even be released by a rain drop plop.

It all looks natural to me.... and since God created nature... He would be the one to use it to it's full capacity.

:coffee:

Last edited: