Revelation 21 Hit reset!

seekeroftruth

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,”[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. 4 ‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’[b] or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.”
5 He who was seated on the throne said, “I am making everything new!” Then he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.”
6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”

a. Revelation 21:1 Isaiah 65:17
b. Revelation 21:4 Isaiah 25:8

Boy.... the commentaries are hot today.... they go on and on and on about the bad people in the last verse. It's not about that... it's about leaving all that [this[ behind.

Way back in the beginning.... Genesis beginnings.... all the land was in one place..... but God shifted it so the sea would be available. A landlocked earth would make it really hard to be a fisherman. This is from the blueletterbible.org site.

No more sea: To the Jewish mind, the sea was a place of separation and evil. Already in the Book of Revelation it is shown to be the source of the Satanic beast (Revelation 13:1) and the place of the dead (Revelation 20:13).​
In other passages of Scripture, the sea is associated with the heathen (Isaiah 57:20) and in a more general sense, with the opponents of the Lord that must be conquered (Psalm 89:9).​
So back when Satan was sending the Anti Christ..... the "sea" was the humans. The word "sea" was to say "humanity". Now it's got to be something horrible for humans.

Sea means humanity.

This vision John is having....is after all the earthquakes.... after all the meteor showers and fire storms..... this is after God made air explode into fire.... this is after the sun started searing the skin instead of gently warming it..... this is after the soot from the volcanic eruptions brought on a horrible winter.... this is after Satan's big guy [Anti-Christ] is gone..... along with the big guy's minion [False Prophet]..... both have slithered across the earth, marked up God's humans, and then got thrown in a pit. This is after all the birds have pecked out the eyes of the moronic humans who took the mark of the beast. This is after Jesus showed up with 144,000 Virgin Messianic Jews.... on white horses.... left all those moronic humans who took the mark of the beast.... for the birds to eat in the first place. This is after all the dust has settled down.... and calm has returned.....

The only thing I can compare this to.... in "now times" terms.... this would be like walking out to survey the damage after a Cat 5 hurricane.... with hundreds of tornadoes imbedded..... that hit at the same time a 10+ earthquake with multiple 10+ aftershocks was rocking everything violently. This is like when the wind calms down.... and the ash in the air settles to the ground..... and the sun starts to peek around a cloud.

I remember hurricanes.... and what it's like to wander outside after.... to see who else survived.... talk about your "reunion moments". The "reunion moments" all this chaos will cause will be tearfully happy.

It was a new world.... wiped clean of humans. God even cleaned out the dead bodies from the oceans of humanity.

This vision about is new earth.... free from the offspring of Adam and Eve.

This is from Genesis 1.

Genesis 1: And God said, “Let the water under the sky be gathered to one place, and let dry ground appear.” And it was so. 10 God called the dry ground “land,” and the gathered waters he called “seas.” And God saw that it was good.

Jesus hit reset. How ironic is it.... we all talk about the perfection of the number "seven". In this translation.... verse "seven" says ..... "I will be their God and they will be my children". That's what He wanted in the beginning.... a place where He could be their God and they could be their children. Because of Satan.... God had to become human.... survive murder on a Roman Cross.... and then return to make things right.

In verse 6 He said..... "It is done" Does that sound familiar?

Our patient God..... has hit reset!

☕