Revelation... the cliffhanger

seekeroftruth

Revelation 1:1 The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, 2 who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. 3 Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.
4 John,
To the seven churches in the province of Asia:
Grace and peace to you from him who is, and who was, and who is to come, and from the seven spirits before his throne, 5 and from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, the firstborn from the dead, and the ruler of the kings of the earth.
To him who loves us and has freed us from our sins by his blood, 6 and has made us to be a kingdom and priests to serve his God and Father—to him be glory and power for ever and ever! Amen.
7 “Look, he is coming with the clouds,”
and “every eye will see him,
even those who pierced him”;
and all peoples on earth “will mourn because of him.”
So shall it be! Amen.
8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Just to make things easier... This is the link to the commentary I use as a study guide.

Good morning. Well, it's time to get to the last book of the Bible. It seems to me this is the "cliff hanger" book. It opens the door for the "sequel" which will be the story of what will happen when He returns.

So, this Book is a letter to the Seven Churches located in the western part of modern Turkey.

Interesting fact.... Turkey was the first to accept the Sovereignty of Ukraine.

John only knows about the Seven Churches. John has no idea that humans would find the Americas. John has no idea how far and wide the Christians would spread around the globe. John doesn't even know the earth is round! He knows the Seven Churches because he, John, helped to plant them in western Turkey.

John is writing this so it can be read during worship services. I'm not sure how the other churches do it... but in most of the modern Protestant Churches I have attended; the Sunday Service includes "announcements" and "Bible Reading". Since there were no Bibles back in the days of John, letters would be read instead.

Interesting current event... As I write this, a satellite is falling back to earth. According to the reports I heard, the powers that be don't know where this satellite will land. It could land safely out to sea or it could land on someone's house or it could take out a city block.... No one knows but everyone should be talking about it.

Back in John's lifetime there were no satellites. There were no rockets. They thought the earth was flat. The only report of anything falling to earth would have been a report on a "streak in the sky" or maybe even... "God's wrath falls on earth". Of course, back then it would have been a meteor not a man-made object. John says when Jesus returns, everyone will know it. We don't know when it will happen but we know it will. As surely as the 38-year-old satellite will fall back to earth today, Jesus will return to earth.

Check out verses 5 and 6. John also added a salutation to Jesus! He's submitting all this to Jesus.

John says Jesus will be "ruler of the kings of the earth". John seems to have addressed this book to Jesus. I really think this is more of a dedication rather than a salutation. Soon we'll read that John was told to "write it down". As a matter of fact, there are times when John will see things that he is told, "don't write this down".

So, if Jesus came back today, Biden, Trump, Putin, Netanyahu, Abbas, Xi Jinping, Kim Jung Un and others would be required to take orders from Jesus.

I guess Jesus will make quite a spectacular entrance when He comes back. The rulers will bow down just like the rest of us. Those who claim the Bible is just a story to make people walk in line, will "mourn" their own fate.

Don't worry! There's still time to accept Jesus as the Messiah, unless of course it's your house the satellite falls on today, in which case you only have a few hours or minutes left. Better "get right with Jesus".

Revelation... The cliffhanger

:coffee: