Review of Second Dem Debate

B

Bruzilla

I watched the second Dem Presidential Debate on Saturday morning, and was even more disappointed than I was after the first one. Kerry and Lieberman passed, which was a shame since those two offer the only class acts in this gene pool.

Without the well-reasoned statements of Lieberman, the debate pretty much focused on a lot of Bush bashing and threats of getting even with "Big Business." What I found most enlightening about the debate is how all of the candidates would constantly contradict themselves. They all seemed to think that they could pass all kinds of new laws on businesses... like an increase in minimla wage, mandatory healthcare limits, new environmental policies, etc., then they would also prevent them from pulling out of the US and moving to foreign countries. If you make the cost of doing business go up, and prohibit companies from using cheaper labor overseas, there's only one outlet for the increased costs, and that's increased prices for consumer goods.

Do Democrats really think that they can tell companies that they'll just have to do with less profit? That runs contrary to what every business is all about! If the Dems do what they're threatening, we'll be back to the days of double-digit inflation... then we'll see how well the economy gets. Welcome back Jimmy Carter.:biggrin:

demsformd

I loved the populism from Edwards especially. The ones up there that were anti-business were Kuicinch (sp?), Sharpton, and the other long shots that are not indicative of the party. We support free trade and we want businesses to flourish (after all, President Clinton made them flourish during his tenur) but when businesses abuse their wealth and exploit, they must take responsiblity and be punished.