Revisiting old TV shows with the kids

glhs837

Power with Control
In this case, its the original Star Treks, now on Blu-ray. Amazing how good they look. And how cheesy some of the stuff was. I had forgotten, if I had ever known, that Uhura had a thing for Spock:) and that Kirk had a personal Yoeman, and that Sulus first name was evidently Beauregard:)

I rented the first season of Mork and Mindy to share with my kids because I remembered it being so hilarious... I did not survive the test of time... we couldn't make it past 5 episodes...:ohwell:

glhs837

Power with Control
Ah, I see where I went wrong. The yeoman was saying hello to his plant, not him, when she said "Hello Beauregard". Plant was funny, once it freaked out, it was obivously a hand in a puppet, even had five digits:)

Homer J

Power Chord
Ah, I see where I went wrong. The yeoman was saying hello to his plant, not him, when she said "Hello Beauregard". Plant was funny, once it freaked out, it was obivously a hand in a puppet, even had five digits:)

An honest mistake.

Courtesy of IMDB:

Yeoman Janice Rand: [to one of Sulu's plants] Hello, Beauregard. How are you today, darling?

Lt. Hikaru Sulu: Her name's Gertrude.

Yeoman Janice Rand: No, it's a he plant. A girl can tell.

Lt. Hikaru Sulu: Why do people have to call inanimate objects "she"? Like "she's a fast ship."

Yeoman Janice Rand: He is not an inanimate object. He's so animate he makes me nervous. In fact, I keep expecting one of these plants of yours to grab me.

"Simpson Out."