Rhetorical question

jg21

Since the experts said gas prices would rise this week due to potential damage to the Gulf rigs, and since apparently those rigs weren't damaged, when will the prices drop that 13 cents they rose since Monday?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Since the experts said gas prices would rise this week due to potential damage to the Gulf rigs, and since apparently those rigs weren't damaged, when will the prices drop that 13 cents they rose since Monday?

They should drop retroactively, right? As in, drop 26 cents for the time that they rose 13 cents.

dave1959

:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme:killingme

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Racist.

MMDad

Lem Putt

October 10th.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nah, November 5th, the day after we recieve our "One Free Fill Up" voucher from the government.

That's too late for Teh won to reap the benefits. October 10 allows people to see prices fall, see that it's sticking around, and Teh Won to claim credit for these great low prices.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's too late for Teh won to reap the benefits. October 10 allows people to see prices fall, see that it's sticking around, and Teh Won to claim credit for these great low prices.

This is yet another thing going on in the broader world I do NOT get; Obama, his team, they're not morons. They HAVE to have considered the impact of RECORD HIGH gas prices on his re-election chances.

I wonder if they just figure they can get past it somehow or if they have a plan for the next 60 days.

If I am them, (and want to win) I accelerate us getting out of Afghanistan by declaring Mission Accomplished(Home for Christmas!) and 23 skid-doo, get oil to collapse, and offer up a plan that Wall Street must take the hit, because we helped them, in writing off trillions in home mortgages and student loans thereby freeing people up to spend on the economy and not underwater loans, offering them higher interest rates to accept the hit on the argument it is better to get, say, 7% on a $150,000 loan that is being paid for a home rather than 2% on a $300,000 loan that is not being paid.

Otherwise, man, it's like they want to lose.

fatratcat

I dunno. Bet they drop a whole bunch when you drive a Honda Civic rather than a truck or SUV? Just a thought SOMD! One that I have most days as I drive behind a single person in an Expedition from Mechanicsville to DC. BTW- it's called a "turn signal" jagazz!

BernieP

Resident PIA
This is yet another thing going on in the broader world I do NOT get; Obama, his team, they're not morons. They HAVE to have considered the impact of RECORD HIGH gas prices on his re-election chances.

I wonder if they just figure they can get past it somehow or if they have a plan for the next 60 days.

If I am them, (and want to win) I accelerate us getting out of Afghanistan by declaring Mission Accomplished(Home for Christmas!) and 23 skid-doo, get oil to collapse, and offer up a plan that Wall Street must take the hit, because we helped them, in writing off trillions in home mortgages and student loans thereby freeing people up to spend on the economy and not underwater loans, offering them higher interest rates to accept the hit on the argument it is better to get, say, 7% on a $150,000 loan that is being paid for a home rather than 2% on a $300,000 loan that is not being paid.

The Obama administration national energy policy has been, USE LESS. The ideology behind that is we Americans use to much, a greater percentage, of the worlds energy supplies driving up the cost for the thrid world and developing countries. We are just not good citizens fo the world. His constituents eat this up, the rest he can blame on big oil and George Bush and he's home free.
Remember, this is all George Bueh's fault. Obama just hasn't had enough time to fix it.

If you want to see the middle class go under, tank wall street. All the 401K and IRAs will go poof and millions will lose billions.

He really needs to do nothing, seriously, he's getting a pass on everything.
Highest unemployement
Stagnent economy
Property values declined
Wall Street is flat lineed
Fuel Costs up
Driving up the cost of food
For thos left working, pay cuts and salary rollbacks.

And nobody is holding him accountable...

MMDad

Lem Putt

The ideology behind that is we Americans use to much, a greater percentage, of the worlds energy supplies driving up the cost for the thrid world and developing countries.

I think Bernie is right. He can't get past his ideology. He is so so vain that he thinks that he can just BS his way into another 4 years since it worked so well in '08.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
The Obama administration national energy policy has been, USE LESS. The ideology behind that is we Americans use to much, a greater percentage, of the worlds energy supplies driving up the cost for the thrid world and developing countries. We are just not good citizens fo the world. His constituents eat this up, the rest he can blame on big oil and George Bush and he's home free. Yes, but, it's not helping him re-elected which is the goal.
Remember, this is all George Bueh's fault. Obama just hasn't had enough time to fix it.

If you want to see the middle class go under, tank wall street. All the 401K and IRAs will go poof and millions will lose billions. Not so, at all. Cleaning up balance sheets and showing REAL earnings with higher rates will make investors a whole lot happier than this zombie economy with so much crap on balance sheets.

He really needs to do nothing, seriously, he's getting a pass on everything.
Highest unemployement
Stagnent economy
Property values declined
Wall Street is flat lineed
Fuel Costs up
Driving up the cost of food
For thos left working, pay cuts and salary rollbacks.

And nobody is holding him accountable...

I don't see him getting a pass. Not even close. He beat McCain by a measly 5 million votes when things could honestly be Bush's fault. Now, that enthusiasm is GONE. How many votes is that? Romney knows what he is doing compared to most anybody and especially McCain. How many millions more is that? Obama has not done well. How many millions more votes is that?

This race is OVER. Obama is chronically under 50% to begin with, the kiss of death for anyone in the past. The economy is a mess, the double kiss of death for anyone in the past. Romney is not offensive, divisive or remotely controversial. That is why they are trying to vilify the guy over all sorts of inane stuff. And it ain't working.

Add to that the coming D convention; there is NO hint that the GOP will do any worse than hold serve in the House. That leaves Obama with what, "I'll get them to cooperate THIS time!'

Race is over.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I think Bernie is right. He can't get past his ideology. .

That doesn't fit with his penchant to toss anyone or any idea under the bus as it suits his needs. He's vain alright but, not in the Clinton way of needing to be the smartest guy in the room; He's vain the I WIN way. He has, in the past, took no prisoners, defended no friends. I am amazed Holder hasn't been sacrificed by now.

To me, low gas prices helps him win, high, hurts. He can't not see this.

MarieB

There will be an announcement made about the Keystone Pipeline fairly soon. I didn't expect it until October, but I'm thinking it will now be sooner than that. Just my 2 cents.

Toxick

Splat

October surprise?

Rt235

:killingme:killingme:killingme

When??? When the owners make another bizillion bucks off of this storm!!!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
:killingme:killingme:killingme

When??? When the owners make another bizillion bucks off of this storm!!!

Since practically all of the money that the companies directly associated with all the offshore oil production only make money when the wells are producing and all the support vessels are humming...who is it that is making all of this bizillion bucks off the storm that you speak of?

acommondisaster

He's getting a pass because you don't hear much about the gas prices on the news. When they spiked during the Bush administration, that's all you heard about.

I think Holder's still around because the president doesn't trust anyone else to protect him from investigations the way Holder does.

Pipeline won't be announced until the day after the election. He'll lose a lot of his voter base if it's announced before the election.

Bernie's right - no one is holding him accountable (except maybe Jeb Bush).