Rhubarb

camily

Peace
Anyone got any rhubarb growing or know where I can get some? I haven't seen any around and I LOVE it! TIA

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
camily said:
:confused: That's because you're :crazy:
Noooo. In the first Batman movie, The Joker says something to Vicki Vale about rhubarb. I saw the movie for the first time when I was little, and I didn't know what rhubarb was. So now I associate it with Batman.

W

Wenchy

camily said:
Anyone got any rhubarb growing or know where I can get some? I haven't seen any around and I LOVE it! TIA

OMG...Rhubarb pie. I haven't had any since I lived in Alaska. We had the plants growing like weeds in our yard.

It does seem to like the colder climes:

http://www.plantea.com/rhubarb.htm

camily

Peace
Wenchy said:
OMG...Rhubarb pie. I haven't had any since I lived in Alaska. We had the plants growing like weeds in our yard.

It does seem to like the colder climes:

http://www.plantea.com/rhubarb.htm
Yes, when we lived in Illinois we had it growing everywhere. I used to make pies and with sugar on the stove as a side dish. The Amish make rhubarb pie so it has to grow around here too. I am dying to get some!

MMDad

Lem Putt
Nickel said:
Noooo. In the first Batman movie, The Joker says something to Vicki Vale about rhubarb. I saw the movie for the first time when I was little, and I didn't know what rhubarb was. So now I associate it with Batman.
:smack: Thanks for making me feel old again.

camily

Peace
BadGirl said:
What does rhubarb taste like? The name alone makes it sound yucky.
Very sour, but when you add the sugar and cook it down (turns to mush like stuff when you put it on heat) it is delish!!

Pete

Repete
BadGirl said:
What does rhubarb taste like? The name alone makes it sound yucky.
Very sour, looks like celery. Strawberry rhubarb is da bomb. We used to eat it as a kid in Michigan. I have never seen it this far south, even in stores. I could have brought some back from Michigan when I was there a couple weeks ago if I had known.

camily

Peace
Pete said:
Very sour, looks like celery. Strawberry rhubarb is da bomb. We used to eat it as a kid in Michigan. I have never seen it this far south, even in stores. I could have brought some back from Michigan when I was there a couple weeks ago if I had known.
Rats! I'll have to get some next time we go to Illinois. Maybe I need to go to the Amish.

Christy

b*tch rocket
Pete said:
Very sour, looks like celery.

:yeahthat: I ate that stuff like crazy as a kid, would just pick it and eat it, or just dipped in sugar. :yay: I see it every so often in the grocery store.