Richmond: Old TVs were placed on front porches of more than 50 homes overnight

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Kind of creepy. :jameo:

More than 50 television sets were mysteriously left on the front porches of homes throughout the Hampshire neighborhood in western Henrico County, surprising residents who found them Sunday.

Police Lt. Matt Pecka said Sunday that the agency responded to calls from residents who reported finding old-style, CRT TVs near their front doors. The neighborhood is near Nuckols and Shady Grove roads.

Pecka said the agency believes more than one person is responsible for the deliveries, which were caught on residents’ doorbell cameras. He described one video that shows a person wearing TV-shaped headgear while dropping off a TV set.

One TV set was left at each of more than 50 homes, Pecka said.

“They walk up to the house, placed the set neatly on the front step, turn around and walk away,” he said.

Hijinx

Quite a collection of old TV's. Sounds like they went to a dump somewhere and picked them up.

Midnightrider

Quite a collection of old TV's. Sounds like they went to a dump somewhere and picked them up.
I would bet a charity took them in over the years and then found out they would have to pay to dump that many. So they ‘gave back’ to the community.

glhs837

Power with Control
I would bet a charity took them in over the years and then found out they would have to pay to dump that many. So they ‘gave back’ to the community.

Maybe, but could be some sort of guerilla artwork. Most charities wouldnt risk a community backlash, I dont think. TVs could have come from there, though, maybe some hotel auctions.