Rick Pelicano bombproofing clinic!

devinej

In reference to : Advertisement - Pets & Animals

Woodbury Equestrian Center is hosting a rick pelicano bombproofing clinic on Nov. 7!

$150, 10am to 1pm. 3 hours of working your horse through obstacles such as balloons, tarps, mattresses, blow up archways, guns, smoke, etc. It may sound intimidating, but Rick's method and the group effect of all 20 horses together working through the obstacles really makes this clinic work. I rode my silly 5yo tb in it last april and had an excellent time. :buddies:

check out Pelicano Equine Training, LLC. and find registration materials at Events - Woodbury Equestrian Center

See pics from the last one here: Equestrian Events

ElliesMom

Is this just the mini one, or the full one. I did one this summer, but would like to do the 'full' clinic. It was sooooo much fun!!! A definate for all!

TCF42

yeeeeeee!
WELL I have a certain 3 year old who would benefit from this.. now only if he had a rider... :killingme

just kidding, I want you to live a long, full life! hopefully rick will be out again next year... even 2 years from now would do!

devinej

LOL yes i was contemplating the possibilities of that, but i'm thinking we should wait til spring. I'm sure we'll have Rick out again.

devinej

it might. probably won't hurt. i had a lot of fun with it last spring. being ina group setting seems to really help, and the clinicians help you and and give you techniques to use and take home with you.

SugarNSpikes

I was thinking about going to this. I have yet to find something that spooks my boy. Just today, I had the vet come out in the massive downpour and innocently took my umbrella out into the field to get him and forgot that I've never introduced him to it before. He fussed a little bit but calmed right down and even enjoyed keeping his head out of the rain. Silly boy. :)

Eventer29

Hopefully you guys will have another bombproofing clinic in the next 6 months or year. I would love to take my sometimes spooky mare when I finally get my wedding paid off!!! I know some of my kids would like to try the clinic as well.
PS
Would also enjoy watching TCF ride that certain 3 yr old through the clinic...we could see who is more entrtaining dreamy or him!

Last edited:

devinej

We need 3 more participants for this thing to work, anyone on the fence? its a great experience for any horse!

SugarNSpikes

Yes please. I'm writing a research paper for criminal justice and can't get ahold of him for the life of me, and amazon requires one whole day to ship the darn thing! I'll send you a pm with my number and maybe I can swing by and just copy a few excerpts?