Ricks on 235

Bonehead

My wife and I were looking to try this place but we couldn't even bear to walk into the restaurant. First was the stinking over flowing ash trays near the front door. Then the stink of piss and old beer in the enterance area with an overflowing trash can full of beer cans and bottles. We turned around and walked out. :barf::barf::dead: What a disgusting place ! Is it always like that ? How does that dump stay in business

R

remaxrealtor

My wife and I were looking to try this place but we couldn't even bear to walk into the restaurant. First was the stinking over flowing ash trays near the front door. Then the stink of piss and old beer in the enterance area with an overflowing trash can full of beer cans and bottles. We turned around and walked out. :barf::barf::dead: What a disgusting place ! Is it always like that ? How does that dump stay in business

Thank you for your honesty, we need to hear the negatives as well as the positives. Unfortunately, we do not have anything to do with the bar, Donovans and how they run things there. We come in every day and clean that mess up. I assure you that the restaurant side is immaculate and our food is excellent. Please don't judge us on the bar. We also have our own entrance on the side of the building, which does allow our customers to avoid the mess. Again, I am VERY sorry for your experience.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Unfortunately, we do not have anything to do with the bar, Donovans and how they run things there.

You know what would be nice, is if you had your own separate entrance*. I've gone there before in the evening and there are bar people hanging out outside and in the entryway, and they're not necessarily compatible with the families wanting to come in and get a pizza or sub.

And, Bonehead, I'll vouch for Remax that Rick's is actually very good - great food and excellent service. If you'd have gotten past the entrance, you'd have enjoyed your meal.

*On edit: one that's marked well so people realize they can come in that way.

R

remaxrealtor

You know what would be nice, is if you had your own separate entrance*. I've gone there before in the evening and there are bar people hanging out outside and in the entryway, and they're not necessarily compatible with the families wanting to come in and get a pizza or sub.

And, Bonehead, I'll vouch for Remax that Rick's is actually very good - great food and excellent service. If you'd have gotten past the entrance, you'd have enjoyed your meal.

*On edit: one that's marked well so people realize they can come in that way.

Thanks Vrai! I'll get a sign that points that side entrance out! Great idea!:buddies:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I'll get around the trash and etc., at the front entrance at Donovan's, because Rick's Cheesesteak Subs are the best in town! :yay:

After walking thru the front entrance once or twice, I was very happy to see the other entrance, and use that now. My only comment about that entrance tho, it that in the middle of the winter, whenever that door is opened, whoever is sitting anywhere near there gets a cold blast.

Bonehead

Thanks for the heads up on the other entrance on the side. I had no idea. I will eat my words and one of the cheese steaks too.