Ride by the glow of the Moon

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
:howdy: Southern Maryland Trail Riders is having our *Twilight Ride* at Greenwell this year. The field edges will offer us more moonlite than our previous years location. We will have a chuckwagon for food and a fire in the pavillion fireplace. The ride will be on SATURDAY July 8 go to http://www.smtr.org/trailrideflyer.html for more info and time.

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
persimmoncf said:
:howdy: Southern Maryland Trail Riders is having our *Twilight Ride* at Greenwell this year. The field edges will offer us more moonlite than our previous years location. We will have a chuckwagon for food and a fire in the pavillion fireplace. The ride will be on SATURDAY July 8 go to http://www.smtr.org/trailrideflyer.html for more info and time.

Did anyone notice that FI's trail ride is the same day? Someone should give them a heads up. Remax? :flowers:

R

remaxrealtor

Busterduck said:
Did anyone notice that FI's trail ride is the same day? Someone should give them a heads up. Remax? :flowers:
I'll let them know....it's soooo hot anyway, I think they should wait and have a fall event w/ hay rides, etc.

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
I hope the ride at Flat Iron can be re-scheduled I really want to go. Saturday during the afternoon we will be heading out on the trails to hang the glow sticks and it is going to be a full moon :moon:, oops... :lmao: which is such a plus for the Twilight ride. We had to book Greenwell State Park in advance and can stay until Midnight. I hope you guys can make it, the weather is suppose to be great.

Last edited:
R

remaxrealtor

FLAT IRON IS GOING TO RESCHEDULE!

That way everyone can do both, and it's sooooo WET, Greenwell ia much flatter. I love the idea of a Fall event w/ a hayride, cider, the whole deal.....

I can't come Sat. either way, clients in from out of town. HAVE FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mygoldnhorse

Cowgirl Up
:howdy: Sorry you can't make it. But I still want to come over sometime soon and go riding with you on the trails at Flat Iron.

Next week is Horse Science School at the Equestrian Center so after next week I might have a life again. If you have some time next week stop up and see us...we'll be having a blast. It'll be me, Percy, TC, Happyappy :jameo: :jameo: and about 15 other volunteers and "50" kids from all over Southern MD.

mingiz

Horse Poor
:tantrum I can't go :cussing: I'm making the person who put my graphics on my truck redo them because they weren't matched. So I won't have any wheels to tow with. The truck has to sit for them to cure . Anybody want to come get me??? :whistle:

persimmoncf

Persimmon Creek Farm
Mingiz, I wish that I could but I have to be there really early for registration, and my trailer full of hunnies will just have to wait around.

If you post your approx location mayby someone comming thru your direction could pick you up. :huggy: I hope so, I wouldnt want you to miss this ride. It is generally the BEST ride and turn-out for the year for SMTR.

See you all there!!! :howdy:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
persimmoncf said:
Mingiz, I wish that I could but I have to be there really early for registration, and my trailer full of hunnies will just have to wait around.

If you post your approx location mayby someone comming thru your direction could pick you up. :huggy: I hope so, I wouldnt want you to miss this ride. It is generally the BEST ride and turn-out for the year for SMTR.

See you all there!!! :howdy:
And just WHERE were you last night missy?
:lol:

BTW Rottncop's schedule changed at the last minute for the weekend, so we'll all be coming out! And bringing a friend along as well. Mingz i wish we would have room for ya but we're full up.

Last edited:

mingiz

Horse Poor
Thanks Happy and Persimmon. The girl called cancelled :burning: Anyway I still can't go a friend passed :bawl: and I have another friend that flew in for it So I haven't seen her in 6yrs so I'm gonna visit with her. But I WILL be thinking of all of you.......I think we should get a group together and go down to Graves for a weekend....Anyone game?????

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
This was our first official moonlight ride, and we forgot flash lights :jameo: can you imagine??

Anyway this ride was awesome!! SMTR planned it around the FULL MOON (PERFECT!) and it was laid out really nicely!! We took along some friends who don't have much riding experience, threw them on good horses (Chey and Tequila) and we had a BLAST!!! it's especially cool when you're riding along, and WHOOSH the lay of the land drops off and you're going straight down hill-then straight UP the other side!! What a rush! Horses have such good eyesight, where ours is so poor at night especially in the woods at night.

We won't tell anyone that our fearless leader (Rottncop) often had us taking wrong turns, and going against traffic :lol:

All in all what FUN!!! Nice job Percy, mygoldenhorse and crew!

HunterJJD

Seen a bunch of ya'll out there last night, everyone looked like they were having fun.

I hope do not find as many glow sticks as I have eggs

JD

Busterduck

Kiss my Ass
THANKS SO MUCH!!!! All of you folks involved with last nights ride. We had so much fun!!!!!!

Little one thinks we should have these night rides more than once a year.

Nice weather, good horses, and wonderful friends - - - what more could you ask for?

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
happyappygirl said:
This was our first official moonlight ride, and we forgot flash lights :jameo: can you imagine??

Anyway this ride was awesome!! SMTR planned it around the FULL MOON (PERFECT!) and it was laid out really nicely!! We took along some friends who don't have much riding experience, threw them on good horses (Chey and Tequila) and we had a BLAST!!! it's especially cool when you're riding along, and WHOOSH the lay of the land drops off and you're going straight down hill-then straight UP the other side!! What a rush! Horses have such good eyesight, where ours is so poor at night especially in the woods at night.

We won't tell anyone that our fearless leader (Rottncop) often had us taking wrong turns, and going against traffic :lol:

All in all what FUN!!! Nice job Percy, mygoldenhorse and crew!

I had a great time as well. First time going. Happy, I'm sorry I missed seeing you there. I looked out for you but guess I was looking in the wrong direction :confused:

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
I had a great time as well. First time going. Happy, I'm sorry I missed seeing you there. I looked out for you but guess I was looking in the wrong direction :confused:
:lol: prolly...we were just about the last ones out. we had newbies with is so we took our time. what/which horse did you ride???

SouthernMdRocks

happyappygirl said:
:lol: prolly...we were just about the last ones out. we had newbies with is so we took our time. what/which horse did you ride???

I rode Lancer, one of my appy geldings. Had to do the posting thing, ouch!!, so outta shape let me tell ya. My two Rocky's at home are still with babes. Actually considering I haven't taken him out for quite awhile, he did great! I have the sore arse and legs, guess I should get started at curves!!!

Which were you riding??

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
SouthernMdRocks said:
I rode Lancer, one of my appy geldings. Had to do the posting thing, ouch!!, so outta shape let me tell ya. My two Rocky's at home are still with babes. Actually considering I haven't taken him out for quite awhile, he did great! I have the sore arse and legs, guess I should get started at curves!!!

Which were you riding??

Boinka boinka boinka :lol:

Rottncop and i rode 3 Rockies, and the newbies rode 2 appys. We had a blast, watching the fellow keep up with us, and watching the leopard mare trot as fast as she could before breaking into a lope because he didn't know how to push her into it...too funny!

It was a terrific ride. Perhaps we can go out to st mary's lake if you're not busy Friday?

SouthernMdRocks

happyappygirl said:
Boinka boinka boinka :lol:

Rottncop and i rode 3 Rockies, and the newbies rode 2 appys. We had a blast, watching the fellow keep up with us, and watching the leopard mare trot as fast as she could before breaking into a lope because he didn't know how to push her into it...too funny!

It was a terrific ride. Perhaps we can go out to st mary's lake if you're not busy Friday?

What timeframe on Friday? Did you see Jack's new Rocky out there? Nice looking guy.