Ride For Life - Cancer Benefit Horse Show

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
PVDA (Potomac Valley Dressage Association) is hosting it's 4th annual Ride For Life (R4L) which is a licensed (recognized) dressage show AND breast cancer fundraiser.

The Ride For Life (R4L) benefits the Johns Hopkins Avon Foundation Breast Cancer Center and 100% of rider donations go to Johns Hopkins and are also tax deductible!

Each year PVDA has raised more money for Johns Hopkins. In 2004 $3,307. In 2005 $3,337. In 2006 $30,782!! And, in 2007 $45,000!!! For 2008 the goal is $70,000!

The show is Saturday and Sunday June 28-29, 2008 at the PG Equestrian Center in Upper Marlboro, Maryland. There will be vendors, a Gala dinner held in conjunction with the Dancing Horse Challenge and lots of exciting demonstrations. Nicole Uphoff-Selke, 1988 and 1992 Olympic German individual dressage Gold Medalist, will be a celebrity judge at the Dancing Horse Challenge! The Dancing Horse Challenge will feature dressage exhibitions by a number of talented FEI riders including Christopher Hickey, the 2007 Pan Am Games Gold Medalist, and Dr. Cesar Parra, a former Olympic and Pan Am Games participant; in addition to various other entertaining exhibitions, such as Megan Benjamin, the World Equestrian Games Gold Medal vaulter; live musical entertainment; Western reiners; quadrille drill teams and others.

If you're interested in donating/pledging please feel free to contact me for information or you can drop off a check payable to "Johns Hopkins University" to Canterlope Tack and I'll pick up the checks from them.

And, if you're free that Saturday night be sure to come out and watch what is sure to be a fantastic event!

Robin

I just wanted to bump this thread. We are getting close to the show dates. If anyone is interested you could sign the pledge sheet and donate at the store. I will have a copy here for a few more days before it goes up the rode to the Rider participating.

Phyxius

Zoooooooom
P.M. Phyx I turn the sheet in to her...

Hey Robin,
I need to have the sheet and pledges sent in by the 20th (this Friday). Everything can be mailed to Liz Erwin (her address is on the sheet) and I can pay you back for the envelope and stamp. :huggy: Or let me know how to get down there and I'll come pick the stuff up.

WaitForIt,
Spectators can also donate on the night of the Dancing Horse Challenge if you come up to the Show Place Arena Saturday night. It should be a great show!!

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
Hey Robin,
I need to have the sheet and pledges sent in by the 20th (this Friday). Everything can be mailed to Liz Erwin (her address is on the sheet) and I can pay you back for the envelope and stamp. :huggy: Or let me know how to get down there and I'll come pick the stuff up.

WaitForIt,
Spectators can also donate on the night of the Dancing Horse Challenge if you come up to the Show Place Arena Saturday night. It should be a great show!!

Is this for this Sat and what time is it?

Wait4It..boom

WaitForIt,

Thanks for the info! Looking forward to it. Last year was fun to watch and totally gets you jazzed for the cause and the riding.