Ride Share to RC Jet Rally in PA

L

lugebob

Anyone interested in traveling with me to Lebenon, Pa next weekend (Sat or Sun)to see an RC Jet Rally? These are scale replicas of jet aircraft with real jet engines. I will be doing a few exhibition Jet Luge runs for the crowd.
Liberty Bell Jet Rally

Jet Luge

let me know

bob

Ponytail

I saw that Jet RC show at Wilkes-Barre many moons ago. Definitely a good show. Those things are something else. You going for parts for the luge? :lol: j/k Sucks your going away this weekend though. My bud with the Jet bike is at MIR this weekend. He'd like to talk to you. You and he have similar interests...you've actually beat him to an idea or two.

L

lugebob

Mir

I would have gone to MIR if I did not have the big world cup gravity event this weekend.... perhaps during Jetwars next month. Call up the track and tell Royce Miller you want to see the Jet Luge.. really!!

Bob

Ponytail

lugebob said:
I would have gone to MIR if I did not have the big world cup gravity event this weekend.... perhaps during Jetwars next month. Call up the track and tell Royce Miller you want to see the Jet Luge.. really!!

Bob

They've got my number. I've called and emailed them telling them that I want to see the Ballistic Eagle. Their only response to me is always the same. "The Ballistic Eagle Jet Motorcycle is scheduled to appear ...:blahblah:". :shrug:

L

lugebob

Arg!!! So much for gravity..... after running faster than all the youngins all day I blew the lead in the last turn and went from first to 9th just like that...

at least there's pictures Ha!LugeBob's Crash

No one for the trip to PA?

bob

PS How did the JetBike run?

Ponytail

lugebob said:
Arg!!! So much for gravity..... after running faster than all the youngins all day I blew the lead in the last turn and went from first to 9th just like that...

at least there's pictures Ha!LugeBob's Crash

No one for the trip to PA?

bob

PS How did the JetBike run?

Not bad. The 200mph mark remains elusive, but considering the crappy air that was out there this weekend, 198.7 in 7.5 seconds is more than respectable. He broke the IHRA record on all 3 runs, previously set by him at 192 in Rockingham earlier this year.

Nice pics! "HerrENDOUS crash!" :lol: That stuff always looked like such fun to me. I was always afraid to get involved with though when I was younger because of my temper. :lol: I could see me stealing someone elses sled to chase down another racer to beat him with it for putting me into the hay or something. :lol: Soccer was a good sport for me. Usually by the time I caught up to the dude that I was pissed at, I was too tired to do anything about it. :lol:

Last edited:
lugebob said:
Anyone interested in traveling with me to Lebenon, Pa next weekend (Sat or Sun)to see an RC Jet Rally? These are scale replicas of jet aircraft with real jet engines. I will be doing a few exhibition Jet Luge runs for the crowd.
Liberty Bell Jet Rally

Jet Luge

let me know

bob

Too bad, that has always been something I wanted to see. I like the big commercial airliner one.....

On another noet, have you ever been tempted to take that luge out on the highway and tear it up? Like pass under cars and stuff like that? :whistle:

L

lugebob

Tempted?

Tempted? Have done it several times..... but not under cars. A luge fits better under a tractor trailer at 60mph...

Just got word.... I will be at MIR on the 19th for the Jet Wars Event.. (where it all started last year)

come on out and hang in the pit area...

lugebob

L

lugebob

Picst from the jet rally in PA

Picts here jet rally

The event was alot of fun. My biggest fans were the Amish that came out to see what all the noise was about after church. I am thinking of starting an Amish Street Luge Team..

bob

Ponytail

lugebob said:
Picts here jet rally

The event was alot of fun. My biggest fans were the Amish that came out to see what all the noise was about after church. I am thinking of starting an Amish Street Luge Team..

bob

Aren't you concerned about the herrendous crash that could come from a beard getting bound up in the wheels? :lol:

L

lugebob

Amish Street Luge Team

Na... not worried. no different than getting your pony tail caught in the spinning light system over the dance floor.. :killingme

experienced that one.

Ponytail

lugebob said:
Na... not worried. no different than getting your pony tail caught in the spinning light system over the dance floor.. :killingme

experienced that one.

:lol: never did that, but I have gotten stuck under the jeep with the ponytail wrapped around the wheels of the creeper, twice. :lol:

L

lugebob

creeper

a street luge is nothing more than a high speed creeper.. your ready .. welcome to the team..

Ponytail

lugebob said:
a street luge is nothing more than a high speed creeper.. your ready .. welcome to the team..

:lmao: :banana: I've always wanted to be a part of the Amish Community! Not sure what part, but hey, a jetluge amish guy works!