Riderless horse

barncat

So I have my wonderful horse back, and I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant. I went on a trail ride a little over a week ago and ended up having to get off and walk back because I was so uncomfortable. I rode last night and it seems my back injury is starting to get irritated because my back was sore for the rest of the night. Since he's 17 I'd like to keep him going with some level of activity, nothing hard, just trail rides and easy ring work. Does anyone know someone who would hop on him 2 - 3 days a week? He's suitable for a beginner or a more advanced rider who wants to work on lower level dressage and trail ride. He is boarded at a farm in Charlotte Hall and the farm has access to trails and a nice group who likes to go out together. I'm still going out 3 - 4 days to visit him, I'm just discouraged to get back on him if I'm going to be uncomfortable/sore afterwards.

Thanks!

happyappygirl

Rocky Mountain High!!
can you post something at the barn you are boarding? Perhaps someone knows a teen who would be willing to do it, just for the joy of doing it. :shrug:
I had my daughter riding until about 4 days before her little one was born this past Feb :lol: i DID put her on the gaited horse though...Maybe it's time for a RMH (or better still a walkaloosa...:biggrin: