Riding Lessons

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have a 4yr old daughter who just loves horses and asks if she can ride them when she gets bigger, lol. I was wondering if I could get some info on places to take lessons(St. Marys County), how much they charge, etc. One of my patients has a wife that gives lessons and says she charges about $40/hr. and says I can bring her once a week, once every 2wks or once a month, etc. Just wondering if thats a good price, etc. I dont know the name of the farm just the ppl who run it. My 7yr old may be interested as well. Anyways, any info you can give would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

fredsaid2

Flat Iron Farm in Great Mills has a lesson program and suitable ponies for your daughters. They have a classified and give their number as 240-925-7430. Four years old seems a little young for much more than a pony ride. Maybe if your 7 yr old takes lessons the 4 yr old could take the last 15 mins for her ride? $40 is the going rate for most instructors.

A Moment in Time in Medley's Neck (Leonardtown) also has a big lesson program.

There are others, hopefully they will post info for you soon. Good Luck!

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Thanks a lot. I'm sure just riding around the ring is enough for my 4yr old. She's more interested in just riding than the full lessons. Not sure about my 7 yr old. I just figured if one was doing it the other will want to also, lol.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Holly Point gives lessons also. $40 is average for private lessons. You can get group lessons for about $30.