Right to Prove His INNOCENCE

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
That is NOT how the Judicial System Works

House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer (D-MD) on Impeachment

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-impeachment-doug-collins-mark-levin-steny-hoyer-innocence

Hoyer, the number-two Democrat in the House, defended the House's impeachment inquiry last month by remarking that Trump was afforded "every opportunity to prove his innocence."

"Instead, he ignored Congressional subpoenas for documents and for testimony by White House officials and ordered his subordinates not to cooperate. This itself is unprecedented," Hoyer claimed.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hoyer needs to be voted out. Any member of our legislative branch who insists that it's up to Trump - or anyone - to "prove their innocence" doesn't belong in our US government. Or in our country.

These people are so Stalinist that they chill me to the bone. The so-called "libertarians" should be freaking out hard.....but I notice that they're not. Reason magazine has told them to #resist, even if it turns our country into a single-party police state, so by god that's what they will do.

rmorse

Hoyer needs to be voted out. Any member of our legislative branch who insists that it's up to Trump - or anyone - to "prove their innocence" doesn't belong in our US government. Or in our country.

These people are so Stalinist that they chill me to the bone. The so-called "libertarians" should be freaking out hard.....but I notice that they're not. Reason magazine has told them to #resist, even if it turns our country into a single-party police state, so by god that's what they will do.

As a so-called libertarian, I'm freaking out hard.

BOP

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trump-impeachment-doug-collins-mark-levin-steny-hoyer-innocence

Hoyer, the number-two Democrat in the House, defended the House's impeachment inquiry last month by remarking that Trump was afforded "every opportunity to prove his innocence."

"Instead, he ignored Congressional subpoenas for documents and for testimony by White House officials and ordered his subordinates not to cooperate. This itself is unprecedented," Hoyer claimed.
Having his cranium stuck up Nancy's 4th point of contact for so many years has clearly reduced the oxygen to his brain.

BOP

There has to be graft and corruption going on, because how else does that old sh*t keep getting re-elected? It's not like there's a Mob Town with a high concentration of stupid people in Southern Maryland.

Hijinx

Political payoffs is how he keeps getting elected.

Of course he needs to go. For one thing he has made a career of Government and sucked the Government tit all of his life.
He doesn't know what it means to do a days work, he has never done one.
He is too old and too tied to a party and not America.

I have been voting against him for 20 years for what good it has done.
But he knows how to work the system and pays off his voters with political favors.

stgislander

PREMO Member
There has to be graft and corruption going on, because how else does that old sh*t keep getting re-elected? It's not like there's a Mob Town with a high concentration of stupid people in Southern Maryland.
Nah. he's got a D after his name so the folks and Fed employees up in PG and northern Charles keep voting him in.

Reactions: BOP

Chris0nllyn

Does that include voting for civil asset forfeiture?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Sure there is. They're up in Charles and PG Counties.

Midnightrider

this isn't the judical system. It is a constitutional process that is occuring in the legislative branch.

Barabbas

this isn't the judical system. It is a constitutional process that is occuring in the legislative branch.
The judicial system is part of the constitutional process, too.

I think you meant to say it is a "political process". It is in the constitution, just like the judicial process and protections are.

However, there is no restriction on impeachments for the fifth amendment. The reason we know impeachment can be restricted from other processes is, it is. It is specifically called out as something the president may not pardon. So, we know for sure they thought about it.

So, you seem to be wrong both on your description of the process, and the substance of your comment.

Toxick

Splat
These people are so Stalinist that they chill me to the bone. The so-called "libertarians" should be freaking out hard.....but I notice that they're not.\

Some of us are - unfortunately open revolt is not an option unless you got a lot of people to join you - and unfortunately people would have to give up their Starbucks Vente Mocha Lattes and easy access to Siri and do too many inconvenient things for it to be worthwhile to them.

Midnightrider

The judicial system is part of the constitutional process, too.

I think you meant to say it is a "political process". It is in the constitution, just like the judicial process and protections are.

However, there is no restriction on impeachments for the fifth amendment. The reason we know impeachment can be restricted from other processes is, it is. It is specifically called out as something the president may not pardon. So, we know for sure they thought about it.

So, you seem to be wrong both on your description of the process, and the substance of your comment.
the judical system resides in the judical branch. That is a seperate branch of governemnt from the legislative branch. The consititution clearly demarks the duties and responsiblities of each branch. Impeachment is a constitutional and legislative process that takes place in the congress. your 7th grade civics is failing you.

Barabbas

the judical system resides in the judical branch. That is a seperate branch of governemnt from the legislative branch. The consititution clearly demarks the duties and responsiblities of each branch. Impeachment is a constitutional and legislative process that takes place in the congress. your 7th grade civics is failing you.
Can you explain how the fifth amendment does NOT apply? The second article is what discusses impeachment, too, so I'm not sure how it is purely a legislative process. Indeed, the third branch is a part of it via the Chief Justice. But, since the fifth amendment is outside of any of the articles, it seems there's not much reason to suggest it does not apply, but that may just be my civics class failing me. I look forward to reading your more learned answer to explain how the fifth amendment does not apply.

However, the point stands that this is indeed a constitutional process, just like the judicial process is a constitutional process. Surely, you are so far above me in your civics education that you understand how calling it a constitutional process is, well, idiotic. Surely you meant political process, since pretty much every process discussed in the constitution is a constitutional process, and thus, your point was meaningless unless you were qualifying the process in some way, like meaning it is political and not legal in nature.

• Haha

Clem72

As long as he doesn't travel with cash at the airport, otherwise he is definitely a drug trafficker and needs to have his hotels siezed without trial, right?

Midnightrider

Can you explain how the fifth amendment does NOT apply? The second article is what discusses impeachment, too, so I'm not sure how it is purely a legislative process. Indeed, the third branch is a part of it via the Chief Justice. But, since the fifth amendment is outside of any of the articles, it seems there's not much reason to suggest it does not apply, but that may just be my civics class failing me. I look forward to reading your more learned answer to explain how the fifth amendment does not apply.

However, the point stands that this is indeed a constitutional process, just like the judicial process is a constitutional process. Surely, you are so far above me in your civics education that you understand how calling it a constitutional process is, well, idiotic. Surely you meant political process, since pretty much every process discussed in the constitution is a constitutional process, and thus, your point was meaningless unless you were qualifying the process in some way, like meaning it is political and not legal in nature.
i never said the 5th doesn't apply. that strawman is all yours

impeachment is not a judical process. that is all there is to it.
Some legislative actions include other branches. VPOTUS sits as the tie breaker in the senate. That doesn't make the actions of that body 'executive'. The constitutional process dictated in the constitution is legislative, period.